Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
December 14, 2022 at 6:24 am #12647021

peterZ-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to open an existing translation in ATE.

I will get this error message:
"Cannot load content for translation

The Advanced Translation Editor could not process this content (Failed to parse because your job is above file limit of 1MB). If you keep seeing this error, please contact our support team."

this is the URL that ATE is running on: hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no.

What is the link to your site?
ifm.convernatics.com

December 15, 2022 at 11:35 am #12657149

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am Subash and I will try to help you here.

In the translation job that is failing I can see there are some garbage data which seems to be coming from your page builder or some custom fields. Are you using some page builder to build the site? I see you have Oxygen Builder are you building the page with Oxygen Builder?

Can you please try the following and see how it goes:

- Edit the page with the issue in the primary language.

- Update it by adding an extra space or character in the title or content to trigger a translation update.

- Try editing the translation now and see if it works.

If the issue perists, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss.

Regards,
Subash

December 19, 2022 at 10:44 am #12675151

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

I have escalated the stuck translation job issue to our ATE team. I will send you an update here once we have an update from the team.

However, to troubleshoot the issue further after the stuck translation job is fixed and fix the issue permanently we might need to test it further by deactivating plugins or changing settings on the site. So I will need your permission to deactivate/activate plugins/theme on the site and/or change settings. Note this might cause some data loss so a complete backup the site is recommended first.

Furthermore, will it be possible for you to setup a staging/clone test site of the main site on the same server where we can test without affecting data in the live site? If yes, please setup the site and share the site access credentials ( both FTP and wp-admin ) for me to troubleshoot the issue further.

I have enabled a private reply for you again to share the details if possible.

Regards,
Subash

December 19, 2022 at 8:42 pm #12679569

peterZ-3

Hi Subash,

activating/deactivating plugins is fine. As the site uses Oxygen Builder there is no Theme in use.

You are welcome to change settings - but please let me know which settings led to success.

As this is a development site that I have backups of, feel free to do whatever you like with it.

December 20, 2022 at 3:39 pm #12685549

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the confirmation.

I am troubleshooting the issue further with our 2'nd tier team.

I wills end you an update here as soon as we have an update.

Regards,
Subash

December 21, 2022 at 8:07 am #12689815

peterZ-3

Hi Subash,
is there any time frame on when the issue will be resolved? As it is just before christmas I'd really need to finish this project and I need to tell a deadline to my client.
Thanks!

December 22, 2022 at 1:29 am #12695993

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you on this issue.

I got the issue, the plugin Oxygen builder store all settings in the shortcodes and save the shortcode to the database, make them associated with the post. So if you use the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE), the shortcode content is also sent to the editor to translate and there are too many words to translate with a few words on a page. Please check my screenshots
hidden link
hidden link

In this case, I recommend using Classic Translation Editor to translate the post/page that you use Oxygen builder. Please go to WPML > Settings > Translation Editor section > Select "Classic Translation Editor".

Additionally, Oxygen builder is currently not compatible with WPML, you can read more on this documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/oxygen-visual-builder/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

December 22, 2022 at 12:42 pm #12700671

peterZ-3

Hi, unfortunately the classic editor doesn't work as well.
But at least I am able to edit the page manually.
One thing that I find very interesting: automatic translation worked like a charm even though Oxygen isn't compatible officially.
Could you tell me which info you need from Oxygen to make Oxygen BUilder and WPML compatible? Maybe I am able to get you the necessary information. It might be a documentation on the shortcodes used?
Thanks!

December 23, 2022 at 2:02 am #12703873

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

There are some known issues with Oxygen and we are waiting for the plugin author to fix this. Please find them here
https://wpml.org/errata/oxygen-builder-translations-are-complete-but-theyre-not-being-loaded-on-the-frontend/
https://wpml.org/errata/oxygen-builder-widget-and-link-translation-issues/

You can push them to move forward by sending a ticket and asking them to work with us on fixing the current issues. One of the ways of doing this is by upvoting and commenting on the open issue on the support page they already have for this.
hidden link

There is a similar issue in our support forum and we are also working on this https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/cannot-load-content-for-translation/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] ATE Failed to parse because your job is above file limit of 1MB’ is closed to new replies.