Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
December 1, 2023 at 5:41 pm #14975215

Daniel Faessler

Hi!

In Translation Management -> Jobs we have nearly 800 entries, most of them with status 'completed'.

Is there a way to remove the jobs with status 'completed' from the list?
Or at least hide them, so they don't bloat our list?

This would be a tremendous help, because no further action with them is required and it would be easier for us to focus on the jobs in acutal need of action.

We tried to sort them by status, but "completed" still is mixed with "completed - needs update".

Thanks and kind regards, Daniel

December 1, 2023 at 6:43 pm #14975355

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

WPML > Translation Management > Jobs is dedicated to tracking all the site's jobs for Translation Managers, to know which content is completed, needs an update, or is not translated yet.

There is no option for removing entries from this page, as it is supposed to keep track of the translations.

You can also find out which contents still need a translation by using the filters at WPML > Translation Management > Dashboard.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#how-to-check-the-status-of-translation-jobs

Best regards
Andreas

December 4, 2023 at 8:23 am #14982957

Daniel Faessler

Hello Andreas
Thanks for this information.
Not sure if our system has the right setup then.

Let me explain:
We don't work with translators, we translate every content on our own.
Afaik Translation Management is mandatory for running WPML.
But as we don't work with translators, we are not sure what's the benefit / purpose of
> wpml > translation management > jobs in our case.

Furthermore - we used "> Translation Management > Jobs" in the past to safely remove accidentially opened translations. But as far as I understand your answer, this would be the only thing making sense in our case to work with 'Translation Management > Jobs' in our case.

And is there a way to submit our initial question 'hide or delete completed Translation Jobs' as feature request?

Thanks and kind regards, Daniel

December 5, 2023 at 12:49 pm #14997343

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

For now, this behavior is expected, as there should be one entry for each content that has been translated.

Furthermore, those entries update their status once the contents get updated.

Some time ago I escalated a thread requesting to clean up WPML > Translations if a Job is completed. This referred to the translation queue for translators, in this case.

The request was closed due to the following reasons:

Our developers are currently investigating a redesign, as there have been quite a few cases, where too many created jobs were affecting the performance of the site.

Until now, I can not provide more details about when such a redesign will take place.

I hope for your understanding.

Best regards
Andreas

December 5, 2023 at 2:04 pm #14998713

Daniel Faessler

Thanks again, Andreas

Would be great having the possibility to remove or hide completed translation jobs in the future.

Kind regards, Daniel

December 5, 2023 at 2:19 pm #14999183

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I understand, only as the development team is already working on a completely new design about how translation jobs are handled internally I can not forward any detailed request at the moment.

Anyhow, I have informed the Dev Team about your proposal.

I would suggest we wait for this new design in a future version of WPML and then forward a feature request if still needed.

Best regards
Andreas