This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by javierr-35 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 9:44 pm #4303647

javierr-35

What are you trying to translate?
im triying to duplicate the pages in other languages but it will not duplicate like it should

What are you seeing? (please include a screenshot)
correct: hidden link
incorrect: hidden link

What's missing or not working for you?
seem to be no style transfering when i click on duplicate page

current theme jupiter X

July 29, 2019 at 11:55 pm #4303849

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I was looking for you on the chat but you were not there so I converted this to a ticket and I assigned it to myself.

I think you might be encountering the issue below:
https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/

Can you please follow the recommended workaround and see if that solves the issue?

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I am at the end of my shift at the moment and I will be able to get back to you tomorrow.

If you would prefer to not wait for a ticket response, you can mark this current ticket as resolved and in the process of creating a new ticket, you can select the "Live chat" option (it should be the default method now).

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 30, 2019 at 9:18 am #4306021

javierr-35

hi mihai it seems each time i try to translate it will not duplicate i tried the avobe instruccions but i dont seem to understand it, when i do this "Go to the page editing screen and click on the plus icon found in the language box." hidden link

it wont open the Classic Translation Editor screen hidden link
hidden link
blank elementor page hidden link
when i click on the copy from original it will copi all apart from the styles hidden link

July 30, 2019 at 3:58 pm #4309509

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your confirmation.

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will also leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 30, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4310465

javierr-35

thanks mihai i will wait 🙂

July 31, 2019 at 2:47 pm #4315465

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

It seems that our robot that is automatically deleting the credentials that clients share with us at a specific time interval for privacy and security reasons has removed your site credentials.

Can you please share them with me in the private fields below?

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you and I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 1, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4322719

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 2, 2019 at 4:59 pm #4331707

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I just wanted to let you know that this will take a bit more time and that I don't work in the weekends so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

I thought that it will be a good idea to update you so that you know what's the current status of the investigation process.

I am leaving the ticket assigned to myself.

Have an amazing weekend!

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 5, 2019 at 3:37 pm #4341689

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you very much for your patience.

It seems that the issue still persists after going through a few debugging processes.

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally.

I will need your written approval to be able to duplicate your site using a plugin called "Duplicator" and test your site on a local environment so can you please let me know if this is ok with you?

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 5, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4341773

javierr-35

hi Mihai Apetrei, sorry i been so bussy, you can duplicate the site or just use that site to test on as its not the original site the original site is hidden link the hidden link is just a copy and testing so you can do a copy or just use that one 🙂

August 6, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4347323

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Great! Thank you for the confirmation.

I will continue with the duplication and debugging processes and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback on this.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 7, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4356275

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

I have a new question:

On the "sobre mi" page, can you please let me know if you used default-Elementor elements or if you used some custom elements, too?

I was able to see that you have the "JetElements For Elementor" and "Raven" plugins and my guess is that you might use elements from these ones and those plugins might not be fully compatible with WPML.

Can you please let me know if you used any functionality/elements from those 2 plugins in the Elementor page that you created?

If yes, can you please let me know which?

I did not work too much with Elementor so this information will help me better understand the differences and if we have any custom Elementor elements.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 7, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4357667

javierr-35

hi mihai the about me page "sobre mi" its just a basic page

August 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4365515

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation.

So after many tests, what I finally did is this:

1. I changed the theme to a default WordPress theme
2. Then I translated the "Sobre mi" page that was created with Elementor by following the exact example from here: https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/

Things worked perfectly.

3. Then I removed the translation again
4. I enabled the Jupiter theme back again
5. I went inside the "Sobre mi" default language page (hidden link)
6. I clicked the "+" on the right and followed the exact steps from here: https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/

It seems that it looks fine here:
hidden link

Can you please try to follow the same steps on the live site?

Or if you want me to do it, I can do it, we just need to make sure that you have a full backup of the live site first.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 11, 2019 at 10:20 am #4376857

javierr-35

hi mihai thans again, the site its translating correctly i only have a few issues the menus will not translate properly and the contact page will not translate the same but the rest its ok