This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 13, 2018 at 10:48 pm #2814565

Patrick W

I am trying to:
Get an Elementor Global Footer to use the Translated URL.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Any of the links in the footer image below under the Workshops columns should link to a German language page, but they do not even though that is how they are programmed in the backend.

Instead, I got:
The regular English webpage.

October 15, 2018 at 6:21 pm #2818528

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

This depends on how this module was created. I noticed you are using a cache plugin. Have you tried clearing your site's cache?

If you've already tried to clear your site's cache and the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 17, 2018 at 2:26 am #2822863

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. Unfortunately, this seems to be a compatibility issue. Alternatively, you should edit this directly in the Elementor interface. To do this, follow the steps below:

- Open the home page on the secondary language
- On the top bar, click to edit the footer on the Elementor menu. I'll attach an image for you to see.
- Click to edit the icon list links and edit the link to the German link (with language code). I'll attach an image for you to see.
- Click on the Update button

Please, note that our developers are aware of this problem, but at the moment we do not have a workaround to fix this beyond the steps I posted above.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 18, 2018 at 9:21 pm #2829650

Patrick W

Hey there. Although this does not fix my issue, this "workaround" is working for me, thanks!

October 19, 2018 at 2:06 am #2829948

Bruno
Supporter

Glad to hear that it now works. As our developers are aware of this problem, this will be fixed in a future version of WPML. Unfortunately, I do not have a deadline when this is going to be released.

Thank you.

October 29, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2858631

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Just to inform you that this issue will be resolved in the next version of WPML.

If you're in a hurry and know how to apply the patch (by switching and adding the informed code), you can see the changes that have been made: hidden link

Thank you.