Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to hide the 'WPML Translation Editor / WordPress Editor' using the

wpml_tm_post_edit_tm_editor_selector_display

filter, but it is not working.
Solution:
We recommend using a simple CSS solution to hide the editor. Please ensure you have a live backup before applying this custom solution:

#translation-editor-post-settings{display:none;}

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If issues persist, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 24, 2024 at 12:19 pm #15806844

hiddeM

Background of the issue:
I am trying to hide the 'WPML Translation Editor / WordPress Editor' using the `wpml_tm_post_edit_tm_editor_selector_display` filter. But this filter doesn't seem to be working anymore. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
I expected to see no 'WPML Translation Editor / WordPress Editor', but instead, I still see 'WPML Translation Editor / WordPress Editor'.

Questions:
Why is the `wpml_tm_post_edit_tm_editor_selector_display` filter not working anymore?
How can I successfully hide the 'WPML Translation Editor / WordPress Editor'?

June 24, 2024 at 10:17 pm #15812074

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

The code provided in that thread was a custom solution and not an official solution by our team. Since the UI and the logic behind it has since changed it will indeed no longer work.

I'd recommend using a simple CSS to hide the function.

you can try this ( Please note this is a custom solution and before using it have a live backup in place )

#translation-editor-post-settings{display:none;}
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.