Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are experiencing issues with WPML not activating and triggering a fatal error when using the Enfold child theme. Despite various troubleshooting steps like changing PHP versions, resetting WPML, and adjusting theme settings, the problem persists.
Solution:
We have identified that your Enfold child theme lacks necessary code and does not include the enqueue scripts in the

functions.php

file. Since the child theme does not contain any critical information, we recommend deleting this child theme and recreating it using a reliable plugin. This approach should resolve the activation issue with WPML.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should the problem persist, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 1 week, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
September 11, 2024 at 3:36 pm

Akurgal

Background of the issue:
I hadn't used WPML for a long time and wanted to reinstall it when I needed it. I performed an installation using the OTGS Installer plugin, but OTGS didn't activate either. I tried changing the PHP version from 8.3 to 7.0, deleted and updated the files via FTP, reset WPML, and deactivated all plugins. I'm using the Enfold theme. When I switched to the Enfold main theme, WPML worked, but when I activated the Enfold child theme, my homepage continued to give a 404 error. I activated and then deactivated the 404 and maintenance modes in the theme settings, but it didn't work. I increased my wp-config memory limit to 512. The child theme is currently working, and I need it for some changes I want to make in Enfold. PHP version 8.3.11 is active.

Symptoms:
WPML didn't activate and triggered a fatal error.

Questions:
If I provide you with my user information, could you possibly take a look?

September 11, 2024 at 4:17 pm
September 11, 2024 at 7:01 pm #16167905

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

I checked the code of your Child Theme, and noticed that it doesn't contain any. It also doesn't contain the enqueue scripts inside the functions.php file. Since there isn't any information we can lose, please delete this child theme and recreate one using a plugin. It's more reliable.

Let me know how it goes, using a plugin.

Akurgal confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-12 13:05:54.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.