Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 10, 2022 at 12:09 pm #12213095

sebastiaanV-11

Here's more wrongly set language info. For almost all it shows original slug as english, but all original content should be in Dutch? Also languages are mixed here. Very confusing.

12193443-cchASqtQin.png
October 10, 2022 at 2:59 pm #12214565

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Normally most of the plugins/themes will register the strings in English, because of by default language. So this is an expected result.

But we can always change the language of a string or strings domain from the WPML>>String Translation panel. Please refer to the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

Please note that I have opened a new ticket for this because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 13, 2022 at 1:09 pm #12236335

sebastiaanV-11

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for your response. This is not considering string translations but Store URL's translation in WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency settings. In here, I'm not sure how to correct the languages for each URL. Most of these are set to the wrong language. How can I fix this?

chrome_6ExSobhX3J.png
October 13, 2022 at 4:20 pm #12237555

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The slugs translation is also managed via String Translation. We can find these strings under the *WP Endpoints* string domain. So please change the language of these strings after a site backup and make sure you are getting the expected results or not. Refer to the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2022-10-13_21-49-03.png
2022-10-13_21-47-17.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.