Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problema:
El cliente está experimentando lentitud en su sitio web y ha notado 612 notificaciones PHP DEPRECATED relacionadas con WPML a través de Query Monitor. Se pregunta si estas notificaciones podrían ser la causa de la falta de rendimiento y si se corregirán en la próxima actualización de WPML.
Solución:
Nosotros recomendamos seguir estos pasos para aislar la causa del problema:
- Crear una copia de seguridad completa del sitio
- Actualizar todos los plugins y temas desactualizados
- Limpiar cualquier memoria caché que pueda existir
- Desactivar todos los plugins, incluidos los de WPML
- Activar un tema predeterminado de WordPress, como Twenty Twenty
- Activar los plugins de WPML
- Si el problema de rendimiento desaparece, comenzar a activar el tema y luego el resto de los plugins, uno por uno, hasta que el problema reaparezca y así encontrar el culpable.

Además, aclaramos que las notificaciones de funciones obsoletas son solo advertencias que indican que algunas funciones utilizadas en el código PHP de WPML estarán desactualizadas en futuras versiones de PHP. Estas funciones aún funcionan correctamente y no afectan el rendimiento ni el funcionamiento del sitio web. Es simplemente una advertencia para los desarrolladores.

Si la solución proporcionada no es relevante debido a que está desactualizada o no se aplica a su caso, le sugerimos abrir un nuevo ticket de soporte. También recomendamos encarecidamente revisar los problemas conocidos relacionados, verificar la versión de la solución permanente y confirmar que ha instalado las últimas versiones de temas y plugins. Si necesita más asistencia, no dude en contactarnos en el foro de soporte de WPML.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
March 8, 2024 at 11:00 am #15388693

FortunyShop

I am trying to:
Make my site faster.

Instead, I got:
Lately my site is very slow, I activated Query Monitor and it showed (please see attachment) that there are 612 PHP DEPRECATED notices regarding WPML, may it be the reason for the website lack of performance? Will those notices be corrected with the next WPML update?

wpml.jpg
March 8, 2024 at 11:04 am #15388709

FortunyShop

Other attachment showing additional info on the errors.

wpml2.jpg
March 8, 2024 at 2:35 pm #15389869

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

These alerts from deprecated functions shouldn't affect the performance of your site. I'd recommend you follow these steps to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Create a full backup of the site
- Update any outdated plugins and themes
- Flush any cache memory that might exist
- Deactivate all plugins, including the WPML ones
- Activate a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Twenty
- Activate the WPML plugins
- If the performance issue disappeared, start by activating the theme and then the rest of the plugins, one by one, until the issue appears again and you find the culprit

Could you tell me the results of the steps described above?

Regards,
Carlos

March 14, 2024 at 9:39 am #15408477

FortunyShop

Hi, here's the result on my debugging:
- active theme Twentytwentyfour
- active plugins only related to WPML + Woocommerce + Query Monitor to check the errors

Plaese see screenshots, still receiving hundreds of DEPRECATED notices from "sitepress-multilingual-cms". I guess these affect the performance of the whole site.
Do you have suggestions?

Thanks

PS. I always check the option "Send me an email when I receive a reply to a support question" on the Preferences of My WPML Account but I still don't receive notifications and when I enter my account again the options is unchecked... Very strange. This happened like more than 10 times. I am forced to manually login and check for answers.

deprecated.jpg
March 14, 2024 at 2:04 pm #15410434

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the details.

The deprecated issue, is just a warning saying that some functions being used in WPML's PHP code will be outdated in future versions of PHP. These functions still work properly and do not affect the performance or functioning of the website. It's simply a warning for developers.

As for the email, please check spam or hidden folders. Also, please visit your account in https://wpml.org/account/account-settings/ to see if the information there is correct.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.