Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastiaanV-11 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 12, 2022 at 6:13 pm #12229453

sebastiaanV-11

This I believe is also coming from WPML. Alongside this one that gave a fatal error considering the exchange rates:

[12-Oct-2022 10:36:05 UTC] Exchange rates update error (currencylayer): cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
[12-Oct-2022 10:36:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received in /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/class-wcml-exchange-rates.php:189
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/class-wcml-exchange-rates.php(152): WCML_Exchange_Rates->fetch_exchange_rates_from_active_service(Array)
#1 /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): WCML_Exchange_Rates->update_exchange_rates()
#2 /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-includes/plugin.php(524): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-cron.php(138): do_action_ref_array('wcml_exchange_r...', Array)
#5 {main}
  thrown in /home/mymoissanite/public_html/staging/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/class-wcml-exchange-rates.php on line 189

I hope we can solve these each! 🙂 Thank you.

October 12, 2022 at 6:42 pm #12229727

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

We had a similar issue in the past. But it was using fixer.io API for Automatic Exchange Rates. Please check the following ticket for more details. Which plan you are using for currencylayer?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wc-multicurrency-currency-switched-but-price-not-updated-2/

The CURL 28 error means that your server was unable to communicate to the currencylayer within the set time limit. This can be caused by, for example, a slow Internet, WebHost, or firewall settings.

Please visit WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Mulitiligual>>Multicurrency tab or Products in frontend in secondary currency. Then make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 15, 2022 at 1:52 pm #12246529

sebastiaanV-11

Hi Bigul,

I believe it could come from the following message:

message: You have exceeded your daily/monthly API rate limit. Please review and upgrade your subscription plan at hidden link to continue. (oktober 15, 2022 1:36 pm)

I have changed the update frequency from hourly to daily. Let's see if that solves the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.