Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
May 3, 2024 at 10:31 am #15590962

sotirR

Hi, we are trying to translate our website and we use theme with "Elementor" builder.

The method we use to translate it is by exporting .XLIFF files that we forward to a translation team.

The problem we encounter is that, on export the page content is built with an elementor, much of it is not available in the exported files and thus remains untranslated.

Some of it is available... like the "Text editor" elements, but not the ones for the "Titles", "Buttons", "Testimonials", etc.

Could you please help or advise what might be the problem to export all content from all page elements?

This is the site we are trying to translate from English to Bulgarian: hidden link

And this is the Bulgarian version of the homepage, which, as you might expect, is mostly not translated hidden link

Thank you

May 4, 2024 at 2:25 pm #15593515

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you please let us know which are the Elementor Widgets that are not getting translated and which component of your site is responsible for those widgets?

WPML by default supports all widgets that are shipped with Elementor and Elementor Pro.

Every Custom Elementor Widget must have an XML configuration so that it can be translated using the WPML Translation Editor.

It is the theme author's job to create such a configuration in a wpml-config.xml file in the root directory of the theme or plugin.

Guide:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

We also provide the following plugin, which makes creating such a config easier, but we do not recommend using it in a production environment:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/

If the author does not provide such a config, you can alternatively create one yourself. This config can be stored under WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration.

We can further offer a WPML test site on which we can recreate the issue and I assist you with a basic configuration for a couple of widgets, but if there are many affected widgets it would be better to reach the author of those widgets.

We offer a program for theme and plugin authors to support them on this matter which you could name as a reference to the author:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

---

Alternative: Use the WordPress Editor as the translation method instead.

Instructions for translating with the WordPress editor:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Best regards
Andreas

May 7, 2024 at 7:41 am #15600166

sotirR

This is the elementor widgets that content missing after exporting to XLIFF
- "Heading"
- "Button"
- "Features Single"
- "Call To Action"
- "Testimonials"

Do you think we can miss some of the WPML configuration option responsible for that kind of exporting?

May 8, 2024 at 3:40 am #15604134

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Sotir,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

Do you think we can miss some of the WPML configuration option responsible for that kind of exporting?

Yes. I see those Elementor widgets on the homepage are created by the plugin "Aheto" on your site. The widget's content might not be registered for translation so you won't see it in the XLIFF file.

Please follow the documentation below to create a custom XML configuration code for the widgets and export the XLIFF file again.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

May 8, 2024 at 11:17 am #15605686

sotirR

Hello
Based on the instructions above, I was able to register 3 of the plugins responsible for most of the untranslated texts with .
- "Heading"
- "Features Single"
- "Testimonials"

While i tested each 1 individually when registering them they worked correctly in the test page.

On export, the previously missing texts, was exported successfully.

However, on import, the texts on the pages were not translated.

After several tests, I noticed that when I turned on the translation editor to see if the fields were translated, sometimes they were visualized and sometimes they were not, and only the old fields remained without the ones with the texts from the newly registered plugins.

Now they are currently missing as well.

I put the code I added in "Custom XML Configuration" of WPML:
URL TO FILE WIT THE CODE: hidden link

CODE:

<wpml-config>
    <elementor-widgets>
        <widget name="heading">
            <conditions>
                <condition key="widgetType">aheto_heading</condition>
            </conditions>
            <fields>
                <field type="Heading" editor_type="AREA">heading</field>
				<field type="Subtitle" editor_type="AREA">cs_subtitle</field>
            </fields>
        </widget>
        <widget name="heading">
            <conditions>
                <condition key="widgetType">aheto_features-single</condition>
            </conditions>
            <fields>
                <field type="Heading" editor_type="LINE">s_heading</field>
				<field type="Subtitle" editor_type="AREA">s_description</field>
            </fields>
        </widget>
        <widget name="heading">
            <conditions>
                <condition key="widgetType">aheto_testimonials</condition>
            </conditions>
            <fields>
                <field type="Heading" editor_type="LINE">g_blockquote</field>
				<field type="Testimonial" editor_type="AREA">g_testimonial</field>
				<field type="Name" editor_type="LINE">g_name</field>
				<field type="Position" editor_type="LINE">g_company</field>
            </fields>
        </widget>
    </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>
May 9, 2024 at 1:31 am #15608100

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

I notice the widget name in your code isn't correct. Please try again with this one:

<wpml-config>
	<elementor-widgets>
		<widget name="aheto_heading">
			<fields>
				<field type="Heading" editor_type="AREA">heading</field>
				<field type="Subtitle" editor_type="AREA">cs_subtitle</field>
			</fields>
		</widget>
		<widget name="aheto_features-single">
			<fields>
				<field type="Heading" editor_type="LINE">s_heading</field>
				<field type="Subtitle" editor_type="AREA">s_description</field>
			</fields>
		</widget>
		<widget name="aheto_testimonials">
			<fields>
				<field type="Heading" editor_type="LINE">g_blockquote</field>
				<field type="Testimonial" editor_type="AREA">g_testimonial</field>
				<field type="Name" editor_type="LINE">g_name</field>
				<field type="Position" editor_type="LINE">g_company</field>
			</fields>
		</widget>
	</elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

https://pastebin.com/xuwnHZMK

If it does not help, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with Elementor translating’ is closed to new replies.