This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 24, 2018 at 4:40 am

maurizioR-7

I am trying to: translate a product and some parts are not being translated and some settings from Divi themplate are not showing the same way.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
(original and correct) hidden link
(not correct) hidden link
(not correct) hidden link

I expected to see: the exact same thing with the changed words from the text.

Instead, I got: the text is changed but settings for the template are different and I am not able to edit them since when I open the translated product all I see is the translation boxes. I can only see the formating settings when I go to edit the original language.

September 25, 2018 at 11:45 am #2763590

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Currently, when I check the link that you have shared with us, it looks like the Spanish and Portuguese translations have the same layout. Please see the attached screenshots.
Have you solved this issue already?

If not can you please explain in details what is the problem and where I can see it?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Product translation’ is closed to new replies.