Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with the order of product variations appearing differently in the translated version of their WooCommerce site. Additionally, there are problems with attributes not being synchronized and deleted attributes still appearing in translations.

Solution:
1. Navigate to WPML > Settings and locate the Custom Term Meta Translation section.
2. Search for "Order" and set the translation preference for terms starting with

order_pa

to "Copy".
3. Go to Products > Attributes, use "Quick Edit" below the attribute, and save without changes to copy settings to the translated product.
4. Visit WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes, select the attribute, scroll down, and click on Synchronize attributes and update product variations.
5. If issues persist, go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status, click on the Troubleshooting link, and start the following:
- Sync product variations
- Fix translated variations relationships

Remember to update the translation of the product after making changes to ensure that the translated versions reflect these changes accurately. If the attribute synchronization process takes an unusually long time, it may be due to a large number of products associated with the attribute.

If the solution provided does not seem relevant or if further issues arise, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
January 15, 2024 at 12:36 pm #15185116

klausW-6

Hello, I am using WPML to translate a woo commerce shopping site from German to English. All translated products show the fold-out options in a different order to the German. How can this be corrected?

as an example you can look here:
hidden link

hidden link

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 13.32.35.png
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 13.31.02.png
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 13.31.22.png
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 13.31.34.png
January 15, 2024 at 3:25 pm #15186020

klausW-6

Hello - to add to the above, this afternoon I translated this product:
hidden link
and here no variations are showing.
on this product:
hidden link
the sizes are showing correctly but one of the materials has got lost.

I work mostly with duplicating products for new listings - what am I doing wrong?
I look forward to your reply,
Klaus

January 16, 2024 at 8:36 am #15188298

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Klaus,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having and will try my best to assist you in this matter.

It appears that the order of attributes is not properly synchronized, which is resulting in incorrect attribute sequencing in other languages. Could you please try the following and check if that helps to solve the issue?

- Please go to "WPML > Settings" and scroll down to the "Custom Term Meta Translation" section.
- Search for "Order"
- Set the translation preference for the terms starting with "order_pa" to "Copy"
- Now, go to "Products > Attributes"
- Click on the "Quick Edit" right below the attribute.
- Save without making any changes. in this way, the settings made for the default product will be copied to the Translated product.
- Now, go to the "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes" tab
- Select the Attribute and scroll down to the end
- Click on the "Synchronize attributes and update product variations" and wait till the process is finished.

I hope that the steps outlined above will assist in resolving the issue with the ordering of attribute terms. By synchronizing the attributes through these actions, likely, the missing variation from the product will also be addressed. If this does not resolve the issue, please consider taking the following additional steps.

- Please go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status
- Scroll down and click on the "Troubleshooting" link.
- Select the following options and click on the "start" button
-- Sync product variations
-- Fix translated variations relationships

Let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

January 17, 2024 at 10:02 pm #15197279

klausW-6

Hi Prosenjit,

thank you for your reply,

I went over all this several times. The issue is not entirely solved.

- Please go to "WPML > Settings" and scroll down to the "Custom Term Meta Translation" section.
- Search for "Order"
- Set the translation preference for the terms starting with "order_pa" to “Copy”

>>>I did that.

- Now, go to "Products > Attributes"
- Click on the "Quick Edit" right below the attribute.
- Save without making any changes. in this way, the settings made for the default product will be copied to the Translated product.

>>> There is no option for “Quick Edit” here? - I went on “edit" and clicked update. These are set on ‘Custom Ordering’. However, the English translations had created a new order which could be manually reordered.
That solved the issue of the wrong order of variations on the translated products.

— I also deleted some unused Attributes and noticed that deleting the German Attribute still left the English translation, which needed to be deleted separately. Is that not synched?

- Now, go to the "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes" tab
- Select the Attribute and scroll down to the end
- Click on the "Synchronize attributes and update product variations" and wait till the process is finished.

>>> This works fine with all attributes - but when doing it for ‘Material’ it goes on for literally hours without result.

I hope that the steps outlined above will assist in resolving the issue with the ordering of attribute terms. By synchronizing the attributes through these actions, likely, the missing variation from the product will also be addressed. If this does not resolve the issue, please consider taking the following additional steps.

- Please go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status
- Scroll down and click on the "Troubleshooting" link.
- Select the following options and click on the "start" button
-- Sync product variations
-- Fix translated variations relationships

>>> I have done this several times now. When processing, it shows as a success - counting down the synchs eventually showing them all as zero. When refreshing the view, it shows the numbers as before (see the screenshot). Is that normal?

Many thanks for your reply,

Klaus

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 20.20.03.png
January 18, 2024 at 8:18 am #15198465

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Klaus,
Thank you for the detailed update.

After reviewing the products you previously mentioned, I noticed that the order of the variations is correctly displayed in each language, indicating that the issue with the variation order has been effectively resolved.

Regarding the situation where an attribute deleted from the German product version still appears in the English version: Changes made to a post are reflected in its translated versions only after updating the translation of that post. Until this update is completed, the translated version will continue to display the prior information.

This also applies to products as well. Whenever any changes are made to a default product, it's essential to update the translation of the product to ensure that these changes are accurately mirrored in the translated versions. Once you complete the translation, the attributes that you've removed from the German version will also be removed from the English version of the product.

Regarding the issue where an attribute takes a longer time to complete: The duration for processing depends on the number of products associated with the attribute. Therefore, if the attribute is linked to a large number of products, it is expected that the completion process will take a considerable amount of time but in the end, the translated attribute should be attached with the translated product. If it is not happening, please share link to one product where the issue is happening. I will check and let you know what to do next.

Finally, it's normal to see the same number on the Troubleshooting page after synchronization is complete. This number represents the total count of variations available on your site that have been synced, not the number left to sync. Thus, when the synchronization is fully completed, this number will consistently show the same value, indicating the total variations involved in the synchronization.

I hope I'm able to clarify things for you. But, feel free to let me know if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

January 18, 2024 at 12:18 pm #15199644

klausW-6

Thank you!

klausW-6 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-18 12:18:44.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.