Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
July 28, 2023 at 10:21 am #14116287

ivanD-50

Hello, is it possible to query menus in different languages with WPML GraphQL? It seems that Menu type doesn't support wheres language filter, or am i missing something? If it doesn't than what would be another option to get a menu in the required language?

We are using:

WP Version 6.2.2
WPGraphQL Version 1.14.9
WPML GraphQL Version 1.0.0
WPML Multilingual CMS Version 4.6.4

July 31, 2023 at 8:39 am #14124843

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

First of all, sorry for the late reply due to a higher workload on the weekend.

Unfortunately, the menus are not yet supported by the WPML GraphQL plugin. This was already escalated to our developers as a feature request and I will add your ticket there.

Please note that it's still under discussion, so we don't have any ETA for when it can be available.

At the moment, you can try the 3rd party implementation suggested by my colleague here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-menu-doesnt-show-up-in-graphql/#post-13942549

Kind regards,
Mohamed

August 2, 2023 at 2:17 pm #14143273

ivanD-50

Thank you for the response, unfortunately the link to the 3rd party implementation mentioned in in your link is hidden under "hidden link", could you please send it to me somehow?

August 2, 2023 at 3:49 pm #14143837

Mohamed Sayed

Sure, this is the link: hidden link

Please note this is a 3rd party implementation not created by our developers, so it's not tested by our team.

September 3, 2024 at 2:53 pm #16136406

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

we release WPML GraphQL 1.1.0 last week: https://wpml.org/compatibility/2024/08/wpml-graphql-1-1-0-multilingual-support-for-menus-and-enhanced-post-queries/.

Best Regards,
Marcel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.