Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to display translated strings on their WooCommerce page but is seeing French strings instead of the expected English ones.
Solution:
We recommend checking if the strings were generated by a WooCommerce extension or if they are default WooCommerce strings. The client should try to remove the strings, register them again, and then translate them. To auto-register strings, we suggest following the instructions in our documentation on finding strings that don't appear on the String Translation page.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
November 14, 2023 at 9:39 am #14795783

romainO-2

I am trying to display translated strings

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see the english strings

Instead, I got the french strings

69f7b5fc-9e0c-48e0-be71-20435f3ccc1a.png
Capture d’écran 2023-11-14 à 10.38.03.png
November 14, 2023 at 7:11 pm #14801861

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Were the strings generated by some Woocommerce extension or are they default Woocommerce strings?

Please try remove them, register again, and translate. You can auto-register the strings, check out this https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#enable-auto-register-strings.

November 15, 2023 at 3:53 pm #14811227

romainO-2

Hi,
It worked removing the strings and creating them again, while keeping "auto-register" activated. Thanks

romainO-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-15 15:53:58.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.