Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to translate a widget on their multilingual site. Despite adding the widget multiple times and translating it via WPML's String Translation, the widget content was only displaying in Greek, regardless of the language selected.
Solution:
We took several steps to resolve the issue:
1. We ensured that the 'text_admin' string was registered in WPML's String Translation.
2. We resaved the German translation by adding a space and then removing it.
3. We resaved the page translation, even though the content was not directly from the page itself.
4. Finally, we purged the cache to ensure that the changes took effect.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas V. 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas V..

Author Posts
June 25, 2024 at 3:57 pm #15822850

Agathon

Hello Andreas again,

Sorry for open again this thread. Landing page is workiing properly in all languages
hidden link
But i cannot translate one widget.
I've added it two times to check it and translate in all languages hidden link
But when i change language switcher hidden link every content of this specific wigdet hidden link is loading only with greek language content even if i choose english german or romanian it display greek language content.
I've updated all plugins and clear with W3 Total Cache and also created again from start to check it but with no success. I've scan strings to find them and then translated them via String translation without success.
Am i missing something and i cannot understand what is that?

Regards
Agathon

June 25, 2024 at 4:09 pm #15822929

Nicolas V.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I visited your site and I think that the widget is related to the Olympus Festival right? I can see that it's in English now on all languages, did you change it while waiting for an answer from Andreas?

From the screenshot I see that this widget contains a lot of HTML, it could be that the HTML is broken somehow. Did you try to copy/paste the original text inside the translations and then only make a small change on the text (like adding "EN" at the end of the text for the English version) to see if the translation works?

Could you please re-share the credentials in this ticket so that I have access? I will activate a private field for your next answer where you can provide that information safely (this field is only visible by you and the support team). Don't share your own admin account, create a new one that you will delete when we finish troubleshooting.

IMPORTANT: Before we proceed, please backup your site and database.

June 26, 2024 at 3:05 pm #15835281

Nicolas V.
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the access. I made a video to explain all the steps I took to resolve the issue: hidden link

- I first made sure that the text_admin string was registered in String Translation
- I resaved the German translation by adding a space and removing it
- I resaved the page translation (even if the content is not from the page itself)
- And then, I purge the cache

June 26, 2024 at 4:32 pm #15835937

Agathon

Thanks for video it was really helpful.
I've added all trasnlations and now it works properly.
I don't know where it was stuck, i think it was someting with saving pages to take all these changes.

Regards
Agathon

June 26, 2024 at 5:45 pm #15836443

Nicolas V.
Supporter

Hi Agathon,

I'm glad we found a solution. Please feel free to open a new ticket anytime you have questions, we will be happy to help.

Have a good day ahead, Bye 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.