Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
March 3, 2023 at 7:09 am #13160769

annaT-15

I also have another WPML compatibility issue with Woodmart Linked Variations, is it better if I open a new ticket or can I share details here?

March 3, 2023 at 8:37 am #13161379

annaT-15

Woodmart Linked Variations lets you bundle simple products to appear like variation swatches. Linked Variations is set to translatable and the chosen products are set to translate. However they do not translate and always require switching language and manually typing out the products in the translated version. I was not able to confirm with Xtemos/Woodmart if this is the intented behaviour or not

March 6, 2023 at 9:55 am #13176879

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for reaching out to us. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

I understood that you're having some issues viewing the Linked variation on the Translated products. Will it be possible for you to share the steps to reproduce the issue? Kindly share the link to the Product as well where you're having the issue.

I will check everything accordingly and let you know an update as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

March 11, 2023 at 8:44 pm #13223689

annaT-15

I need a bit more time, I will share steps to reproduce issue soon. Sorry for the delay

March 13, 2023 at 9:00 am #13229385

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
I hope you're doing fine.

Please take your time to reproduce the issue, and I appreciate your effort in sharing the steps with me. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

March 20, 2023 at 12:31 pm #13283777

annaT-15

Sorry for the delay.

The steps to reproduce the issue are as follows.

In a Woocommerce site with WPML and Woodmart theme create a "linked variation" like this: hidden link

Then translate it via translation manager as usual.

Expected outcome: The translation should have the corresponding translated products assigned to it.
Instead: The translation has the default language products and requires me to manually remove and add the translated products.

As advised by Xtemos the custom field _woodmart_linked_products, _woodmart_linked_attrs are set to "translate".

But it is not translated actually it acts more like "copy".

March 21, 2023 at 8:52 am #13290965

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
I hope you're doing fine.

I tried to reproduce the issue by following the documentation and the steps you share but unfortunately, the Linked variation is not appearing for the Single products in my environment. I believe everything is set up accordingly.

As I'm unable to reproduce it in my development environment, Will you please try to reproduce the same issue in our sandbox site? You will need to install the Theme and the required plugins only on our Sandbox site and try to replicate the issue in a minimal environment.

Here is the link to our Sandbox site: hidden link

The WPML and other essential plugins of WPML are already installed in the Sandbox. just complete the setup and you're good to go.

Please let me know when you're able to reproduce the issue there. I will take another closer look and let you know an update.

I appreciate your kind cooperation in this matter. Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

March 21, 2023 at 4:40 pm #13296293

annaT-15

I tried to set it up on the sandbox but indeed the Linked Variations is not available. It should be under products > linked variations. It is activated in the theme settings.
Xtemos documentation: hidden link

I don't know why it this not showing up on the sandbox site.
I have created two products with an attribute but the linked variation feature is not available.

March 22, 2023 at 2:02 pm #13305797

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,

The "Woodmart core" plugin isn't installed on the Sandbox site and for that reason, it was not appearing. I have activated the latest version of the Core plugin on the Sandbox. Please try now and you'll see the option for linked variation

Let me know when you're able to reproduce the issue there.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

March 23, 2023 at 1:51 pm #13315861

annaT-15

When I create a Linked Variation and translate it, it does not translate the products and keeps English language products

As a result the linked variations don't show up on the translated products unless you go into the variation and manually assign the correct products.

Also even when creating the variation in English, it allows me to choose from all products including the translated ones (German language)

Linked Variations (woodmart_woo_lv) set to translatable
_woodmart_linked_products, _woodmart_linked_attrs are set to "translate"

Screenshot 2023-03-23 144014.jpg
March 24, 2023 at 7:33 am #13320567

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,

Thanks for sharing more insights. After reviewing the Linked variation added for the product, I have identified the issue. It appears that the products added to the Linked variation in the English version are being copied to the Linked variation in the German language. However, since the product ID is different in each language, the linked variation in the German language is unable to recognize the products, resulting in the linked products not appearing in the German language.

You pointed out correctly that the issue got resolved by manually adding the German products. After manually adding the products in the linked variation, the products started to work correctly. You can refer to this video (hidden link) for a better understanding of the solution.

That means, to ensure that the Linked variation works correctly in each language, we will need to manually add the products for the linked variation in each language. Maybe it is configured in that way. You can also consult with the Xtemos team in this matter to get more information on this matter.

Additionally, I also noticed that the product field in the linked variation displays all the products, including the translated ones. It seems that the field is configured to display all the products available in WooCommerce, which is why it returns all the published products. Maybe the Xtemos team can explain this scenario better.

I hope this resolves your issue. But, if you need any further assistance, please let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.