This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikeG-20 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4396321

mikeG-20

I am using the String translation to translate plugins on the website. It worked well for the Cookie Notice but when I went to do the same thing for a plugin called 'Exit Notifier' and it is only translating stuff that displays on the backend and not the actual content I need to change that display on the website.

August 14, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4396499

mikeG-20

Wanted to add the website username/password:
[removed]

August 14, 2019 at 6:13 pm #4397025

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

if possible please provide me with the desired string to translate and where i can find it in the front end. Also let me know if that is a string that you added yourself or a default string from the plugin

String translation picks up any string wrapped in a

gettext call

meaning that most likely the strings picked up are the ones responsible for the backend and we will need to make sure that the strings for the front end are translatable.

August 14, 2019 at 6:17 pm #4397037

mikeG-20

I am trying to translate the pop up that occurs when a use clicks on a link that takes them to an external website. For example if you go to the hidden link page and click on the link hidden link you will see a pop-up that says, "You are now leaving the Leadiant Biosciences, Inc. Canada website. This external link is provided for your convenience. Leadiant Biosciences, Inc. is not responsible for content on external websites."

I need to have that message translates but I don't see anything on the backend under the 'Exit Notifier' plugin that allows this.

August 14, 2019 at 10:03 pm #4397779

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you , i can see the message in the front end

this looks like an admin string , meaning that it is not a default plugin string therefore we will need to check the admin strings screen within WPML->String Translation->Scroll to bottom and click on "translate texts in admin screens" then within that string do the following

1. once the page loads right click and view the page source
2. use ctrl + f or cmd + f and search for a part of your string that you want to translate and see if you can find it in the source
3. examine the tags and then find the string using the tags ex. [your-plugin-name] in the admin screens again

If step 3 is difficult to follow please provide me with a screenshot of your findings in the source page and i will help you with which tag to search for

4. Find the string and add to string translation
5. Add your translation

let me know your results please

August 15, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4401021

mikeG-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!