Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
August 16, 2023 at 2:07 pm #14237529

areL

Hello,

String translation not showing on frontend
the strings are translated, the site has a memory of 1024, I've seen your posts on this topic, and I can't solve it. Can you help please.

2 - Image attached

thank you
José

August 16, 2023 at 5:31 pm #14240323

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to my colleagues, I will try to help.

The proper way to translate strings depends a lot on how they have been implemented inside the theme/plugin.

Sometimes, there are even duplicates of the same string and only one of them is the correct one that needs to be translated.

Also, sometimes, simply removing the string (checking the box and removing it) and then re-registering it again by scanning for it (one of the methods below) and re-translating it resolves the issue.

1. Please try this:

Go to WPML > String Translation and at the bottom of the page you will find a checkbox called "Look for strings while pages are rendered". You can enable (check) that and then go in the front end to a page where you have that string showing up and then go back to WPML > String Translation and search for that string and see if it now shows up.

2. If you can't find them inside the WPML > String Translation, they might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to find and translate admin text strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Please let us know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 16, 2023 at 8:15 pm #14241209

areL

I think you didn't read my ticket before replying. The string was translated, as sent in the printscreen. However it does not appear on the frontend.
There aren't any duplicate strings, at least in the search I did.

I need help in this case, if you can
Thanks in advance for your help
José

August 17, 2023 at 3:16 pm #14247449

areL

Thank you for removing this ticket from public access. There is information that must not be disclosed. Thank you in advance for your attention

August 18, 2023 at 8:08 am #14250597

Kor
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Also, I checked your debug information, I noticed that your MySQL version is below the plugin minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+ for you.

August 21, 2023 at 6:13 am #14259811

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked your Website and may I know why the homepage DIVI backend editor is showing empty as shown in the attached screenshot? hidden link

But when I checked the DIVI frontend builder, I could see the page builder modules. Are you using some custom solution on your Website? Usually, the same page builder modules should appear on the backend and frontend.

August 21, 2023 at 3:57 pm #14265835

areL

Good afternoon.

I appreciate your attempt to help, but since you also don't have the knowledge to be able to help with your support, can I ask you to delete the all the printscreens of this help request?

Thank you in advance for your attention and attempt to help

August 21, 2023 at 4:43 pm #14265921

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I have removed the screenshot as requested and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please allow me to take another look at this. To continue with the troubleshooting, I would like to request a site snapshot. Alternatively, with your permission, I can create a snapshot on my own on your Website.

For this purpose, we typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you are already familiar with how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To assist you further, please follow these instructions:
Watch the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

Refer to the instructions provided by WPML on how to provide supporters a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the archive file exceeds 400MB in size, please utilize Duplicator's file filters to exclude the cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file, please share the link with us. You can use services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar platforms as the snapshot file will likely be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the link to the file there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

August 21, 2023 at 5:35 pm #14266211

areL

Thank you for your help, but I already deleted the wpml user, since I detected plugins installed to duplicate posts, and I don't intend to install anything, just support information on how to make a solution happen.

At this time there are still screenshots on the request from AUGUST 16, 2023 AT 2:07 PM, as I did not know this information would be made public. I do not intend for internal information about a site under development to be published.

I just want you to delete this public information AUGUST 16, 2023 AT 2:07 PM about this website under development.

Anyway thank you for your try

August 21, 2023 at 5:38 pm #14266219

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for not being able to help much here. I've removed the screenshots from your post above. If you need anything further, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you further with this.

The topic ‘[Closed] String translation not showing on frontend’ is closed to new replies.