Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues where changes made to your pages are not immediately visible on the live site, even after saving or translating from scratch, this might be due to a caching conflict with Elementor.
Solution:
First, ensure you back up your entire site. Then, follow these troubleshooting steps:
1) Navigate to WPML>>Support page and click on the Troubleshooting link.
2) On the Troubleshooting page, execute the following actions in the *Clean up* section, waiting for confirmation after each:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Cleanup and optimize string tables
- Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box>>Generate .Mo files
If the issue persists, disable the Element Caching option in Elementor by going to Elementor>>Settings>>Features tab. We have also released an errata for this issue, which can be found here: https://wpml.org/errata/elementor-translated-pages-show-stale-content-after-being-updated/

If these steps do not resolve your issue, or if the solution seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 days, 6 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 2:15 pm #16240755

frederikP-8

Background of the issue:
Hi, I made a few changes to a page on my website and it didn't update no matter how many times I saved it. So I decided to delete that page and translate it from scratch, it worked. Now I wanted to make another change and the same thing is happening. It doesn't update. I can see the changes on the translator, just not on the live page.

Symptoms:

Questions:

October 1, 2024 at 4:04 pm #16241857

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

We hope you are using WPML Advanced Translation Editor for translating the posts and pages. Please try the following steps after a backup and let us know your feedback.

1) Open the Page for editing in the default language (the one you would like to update)
2) Make a minor change in the page and update it (to refresh the translation settings)
3) Visit WPML>>Translation Management Dashboard
4) Choose the Page you want to translate or update the existing translations
5) Send it to Translation Basket
6) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Basket
7) Send it for translation, by choosing yourself as a translator
8) Visit WPML>>Translations queue and translate the page by clicking the *Translate* button

This is the actual workflow for translation. Refer to this article for more details https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 7, 2024 at 9:43 am #16259976

frederikP-8

Hi,

This didn't work.

The text on the front end it's not the same as the text on the translator, it's still the older version.

I had to duplicate and delete the page when this issue happened the first time. But now it's happening again and I can't do this to every page, I'm translating to 4 different languages and have more than 200 pages and posts, I don't have the time to delete and redo every translation.

Please help me understand what might be wrong

October 7, 2024 at 4:16 pm #16262887

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We have a couple of requests for tracking this.

1) Please let us know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site. It would be great if you could share a couple of screenshots or a screencast for a better understanding of the problem.

2) Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup{mandatory}. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 8, 2024 at 5:14 am #16263870

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. But I am getting the following warning while logging. Please check.

Error: The password you entered for the username *** is incorrect. Lost your password?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 8, 2024 at 8:16 am #16264327

frederikP-8

Hi,
Can you check again?
I updated the user and was able to login.
Best regards,

October 8, 2024 at 3:00 pm #16266108

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can log in to the site now. But sorry, on this page which texts are not showing translation now, I can't find it exactly - hidden link

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the issue exists or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page, click on the Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

2) On the Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Cleanup and optimize string tables
- Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box>>Generate .Mo files

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 8, 2024 at 4:10 pm #16266707

frederikP-8

Hi,

Why did you have problems finding the page? You have the link

I did the troubleshoot and it worked, then I changed another thing on the page and it didn't show up on the frontend again. Did the toubleshoot again and it didn't work.

Please help,

October 8, 2024 at 5:24 pm #16266964

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. The German Page is showing the translations as expected for us here.

hidden link

Please let me know if I missed anything. It would be helpful if you could share the exact steps you're following.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2024-10-08_22h48_03.png
2024-10-08_22h47_22.png
2024-10-08_22h46_37.png
October 9, 2024 at 8:12 am #16268414

frederikP-8

Hi,

Yes the changes eventually get updated but not right away.

hidden link
As you can see if you make a change the change won't appear right away.

I need it to be updated when I update it, not sometime in the future.
You can also try it, just make a small change in one of the texts.

Best regards,

October 9, 2024 at 2:35 pm #16271094

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It looks like compatibility or a cache issue. Do you have any server-side cache settings?

We would like to know do you have a staging/dev site (a clone copy of the live), because it will help us to troubleshoot the bug in the same environment without affecting the live site.

If not, please allow me to make a copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) to debug the issue on my local server. So we can troubleshoot the bug without affecting your live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 9, 2024 at 3:03 pm #16271387

frederikP-8

Hi,
Yeah I do have server-side caching,
I don't have a staging site, but you can duplicate to your servers.
Best regards,

October 9, 2024 at 3:53 pm #16271594

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. Does it work as expected when you clear all types of caches, including the server-side caches? Please share more details about your cache settings. Hope it will help us to track the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 9, 2024 at 4:33 pm #16271800

frederikP-8

Hi,
I usually test the links with ?nocache in the end when I think it's cache related problem but this one doesn't seem to be.

For cache I use siteground's and also nitropack.

Let me know if you need more information on it.

Best regards,

October 10, 2024 at 10:34 am #16274180

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I made a copy of the site and will test it further locally and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

frederikP-8 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-15 08:44:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.