Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.68 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 2 days, 12 hours ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
June 8, 2024 at 2:32 am #15717959

carstenN-8

Background of the issue:
We have multiple issues with the already translated live pages on our site hidden link.

Symptoms:
1. Links on the translated pages are not updating. 2. Sliders on the main page on translated pages are not updating. 3. WooCommerce products don't update on translated pages; the deposit amount has been changed on the product, but it remains the same on translated pages. 4. Many times already translated pages show the same old text; need to save the page 3 times and it may work.

Questions:
Why are the links on the translated pages not updating?
Why are the sliders on the main page on translated pages not updating?
Why don't WooCommerce products update on translated pages when the deposit amount has been changed?
Why do already translated pages show the same old text and require saving the page multiple times to update?

June 9, 2024 at 3:54 am #15718749

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Before one of my team members will be available to assist you on this matter, it would be helpful if you could send us the WPML information for troubleshooting.
More information about this here:
https://wpml.org/de/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Best regards
Andreas

June 9, 2024 at 8:07 am #15719012

carstenN-8

Is it possible to get into a live chat?

June 10, 2024 at 2:36 am #15719953

carstenN-8

Do you guys have any updates for me?

June 10, 2024 at 12:23 pm #15721979

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for your patience, our queue has been quite high as of lately. My name is Lucas and I'll be your supporter.

It seems to me that all the issues you described have a common cause. I checked your debug info and noticed that your website doesn't have the minimum memory required for WPML to work. WPML requires a memory limit of at least 128MB while 256MB is recommended. See https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ for detailed information. You can set WP Memory Limit in your wp-config.php file by adding the following code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

See:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

for details. Increasing WP Memory may help improve the performance and sometimes also help resolving such issues. After increasing the memory, try recreating the translations. Let me know how it goes.

June 11, 2024 at 3:10 am #15724308

carstenN-8

Hi Lucas,

I added the code, but all the problems still exist.

I attached a screenshot from our PHP memory limit which is 6144M

To show you an example of one of the problems, I attach 2 more screenshots.
1. The deposit has been set on the main page for 2000. all the other translated pages show 1000.

Plus all the other issues as I mentioned in the first message.

Screenshot (444).png
Screenshot (443).png
Screenshot (442).png
June 11, 2024 at 3:54 am #15724380

carstenN-8

Hi Lucas,

Sorry for the mistake, please ignore the first screenshot.

Here is the correct one after the codes have been added.

It seems we still have all the issues I have mentioned before.

447902040_1418906765476373_6560465044796074343_n.png
June 11, 2024 at 3:30 pm #15727962

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the details. Please share with me, step-by-step, how to reproduce one of the issues you mentioned. I want to check that directly on your website.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

June 13, 2024 at 5:56 pm #15737509

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing the details, that really helps me to track down the issues. I tried using different tools, creating a copy of your website. Unfortunately, either the build of the package or the downloaded got interrupted by the server.

Could you please create a staging environment for me, so I can check the issues there? With that, I can check for plugin conflicts and bugs, without compromising the functioning of your website. You can use WP Staging for that, it's easy to use and reliable:
hidden link

You can use the same credentials you sent me for the live website, so you don't have to share access again. Let me know.

June 15, 2024 at 4:18 am #15741441

carstenN-8

Hi there,

Link to the staged website

hidden link

Log-in details are the same as those I sent to you before.

June 17, 2024 at 2:56 pm #15746184

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

I sent the staging version of your website to our development team, which will take a deeper look into your issue. They usually take a few days to do that, so I'll return as soon as I have new information from them.

Thank you in advance

June 20, 2024 at 3:13 pm #15764937

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

Thank you for your patience. We checked your website and located some WP Memory issues. I increased the memory on a local copy I created of your website, and it seems to have solved the issues. Please make a full website backup, and add the following code to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

Please note that this code must be added right before the

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

line (yours might be in German). In addition, please check if these lines already exist in the file. If so, you can simply change the numeric values.

Please tell me if that solves the issue for you and what are the results you get on your live website. If it doesn't solve the issue, please reach out to your hosting provider and send us your server error log. I'm waiting for your feedback.

June 21, 2024 at 4:35 am #15770425

carstenN-8

Hi Lucas,

Thank you!

It seems this solution did not work for us; all the issues are still the same as I described.

I attached a screenshot of the changed WP Memory.

Screenshot (463).png
June 21, 2024 at 5:06 pm #15777304

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Thank you for sharing. Can you please activate the debug log file, reproduce the issues and send it to us? Please also send us the server error log, you can get that with your hosting provider.

We wish to investigate if there's any mismatch in your DB data, which will be probably logged in one of those files.

To enable the debug log file, you can add the following code to your wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

The debug.log file can be found in the wp-content folder of your website. You can send us the logs via paste bin https://pastebin.com/. I'll be waiting for your feedback.

June 24, 2024 at 7:03 am #15803555

carstenN-8

Hi Lucas,

I've made all the changes you suggested, but the issues are still present. Could you please take a look at our site to review the problems I mentioned earlier?