Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
December 28, 2022 at 3:27 pm #12723565

louisN-4

I Am using this on kideno.com/

WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency with WPML

i want to know what can i put in url link, in order to to show by certain currency when
someone opens this link:

hidden link

for example ?currency=USD

then the page will open with USD currency

of hidden link

then it will show GBP price when someone opens the page

- please convert it to support forum ticket and answer there

December 28, 2022 at 3:39 pm #12723699

louisN-4

?

December 28, 2022 at 4:01 pm #12723885

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

December 28, 2022 at 4:20 pm #12723911

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I wanted to check and see if you've inserted the code below into your theme's functions.php file. As explained here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/change-the-currency-with-the-url-parameters/#post-8451565 , it should achieve what you needed there.

add_filter( 'wcml_client_currency', 'modify_client_currency', 10, 1 );

function modify_client_currency( $current_currency ) {
    if( !is_admin() ){
        global $woocommerce;

$currency = isset( $_GET['currency'] ) ? esc_attr( $_GET['currency'] ) : $current_currency;
        $currency = strtoupper( $currency );

$woocommerce->session->set('client_currency', $currency);

return $currency;
      }
}

Could you perform a backup and try inserting the code above into your themes functions.php file?

You can use the code snippet plugin if you want.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

December 28, 2022 at 10:16 pm #12725165

louisN-4

i think you have difficulties understanding me, so maybe if you have problem with english or my english you should pass the ticket to someone else - the reason i am sure you have a problem on your end since its the 2nd time - you don't ANSWER MY QUESTION

if you want to give another try, please erase everything you think you read above and try to read my question again........................

What do i need to put in the URL line,
IN ORDER to be able to that the page will open with a specific currency i chose in the url ....

- Same as i am able to choose variable from the URL line (?attribute_pa_color=)

EXAMPLE:

hidden link

December 29, 2022 at 5:13 am #12726079

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for not being able to clearly explain my answer in a way you can understand.

To be able to select a currency using a URL parameter on your product (eg. ?currency=USD or ?currency=GBP), you need to insert the custom PHP code below into your theme's functions.php file.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

add_filter( 'wcml_client_currency', 'modify_client_currency', 10, 1 );

function modify_client_currency( $current_currency ) {
    if( !is_admin() ){
        global $woocommerce;

$currency = isset( $_GET['currency'] ) ? esc_attr( $_GET['currency'] ) : $current_currency;
        $currency = strtoupper( $currency );

$woocommerce->session->set('client_currency', $currency);

return $currency;
      }
}

Once you've done that, try changing the currency using the links below and see if it works.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

If you want me to insert this custom PHP code, let me know, and please backup first.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

December 29, 2022 at 11:54 am #12728323

louisN-4

shall i run the above snippet only on admin or also on frontend?

December 29, 2022 at 3:22 pm #12729605

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe you're referring to the options in the Code Snippet plugin. You can select "Run snippet everywhere, " which should work without issues.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Thanks!

Kor

December 29, 2022 at 3:52 pm #12729765

louisN-4

1. good - i implemented your snippet, and when i go to
hidden link

i get this page with GBP pricing

can you please try from your end that all is ok?

December 29, 2022 at 3:54 pm #12729767

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

It works fine here, as shown in the attached screenshot. Glad that helped.

Thanks!

Kor

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.53.06 PM.jpg
January 3, 2023 at 9:43 am #12743711

louisN-4

the snippet is working, but we started getting this log error every several minutes

2023-01-02T23:41:07+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function set() on null in /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/code-snippets/php/snippet-ops.php(469) : eval()'d code:10
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): modify_client_currency()
#1 /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(189): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#2 /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency.php(474): apply_filters()
#3 /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency.php(199): WCML_Multi_Currency->get_client_currency()
#4 /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency.php(135): WCML_Multi_Currency->are_filters_need_loading()
#5 /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress in /home/kidenoad/domains/kideno.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/code-snippets/php/snippet-ops.php(469) : eval()'d code on line 10

January 3, 2023 at 10:22 am #12744097

louisN-4

also another thing

going into:
hidden link

i see GBP,

BUT if i continue to browse the site, it will show USD pricing,

can you amend your snippet?

January 4, 2023 at 10:45 am #12750477

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

The error message you're getting refers to the "Code Snippet" plugin, which has to be addressed by that plugin author.

As for "BUT if i continue to browse the site, it will show USD pricing,", I couldn't replicate this as shown in this screen recording. hidden link

Thanks!

Kor

January 4, 2023 at 11:31 am #12750699

louisN-4

you video is great, BUT

1. go to the cart page

OR

2. homepage

AND you will see it changes to USD

January 5, 2023 at 11:32 am #12757813

louisN-4

are you checking why in cart page it goes back to USD?

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency with WPML’ is closed to new replies.