This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 9:39 am #4517907

khalidA-27

Hi
I have entered all my products in default language months ago. Now I added all WP all import & export plugins. Also added WPML All import.
How to connect translated products to those entered ones. There is no previous import file to connect with
Please help

September 5, 2019 at 9:41 am #4517937

khalidA-27

This was my last ticket script and it didn't work
Laura : Hi,

thanks for contacting us.
khalidA-27 : Hi Laura
Good morning
Laura : You can't add only translation - if you are working with WP All Import you need to import both original and translations
khalidA-27 : So, What can I do now to solve this issue?

Laura : so what you can do is to create an export of the content already on your site, import it (as updating them) then import the translations
khalidA-27 : Aha. OK I'll try that

Laura : don't forget to add the connector column to both files, or they won't be connected
khalidA-27 : Make "WPML Translation ID" column as a connector or add any other one?
Laura : no, it has to be a new column, you can't use an existing one
khalidA-27 : So now I export all products> Add a connector column> Import them as update > Then imports translation file that contains the same connector column
Laura : exactly
Laura : this will add the connector value to the products
Laura : so when you import the translations, they can be linked together
khalidA-27 : Thanks Laura. I'll try that and come back to you if there were any issues
Laura : Sure, please do
Laura : Can we mark the chat as resolved for now?
khalidA-27 : Ok
khalidA-27 : Thanks Laura
Laura : Thanks, have a nice day

September 5, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4519481

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

So you exported the content, and re-imported it again but it's not connecting correct?

Did you add WPML Translation ID as a connector or you created a separate field.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 5, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4519611

khalidA-27

Separated

September 5, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4519805

khalidA-27

In the way mentioned up When I update products I cannot make the connector column as the unique identifier, So they cannot be linked
the image attached shows cells to be updated and it doesn't contain unique identifier so it cannot be added to old products and cannot be connected to new ones. The next step after this image is confirm and import

September 5, 2019 at 2:08 pm #4519963

khalidA-27

The first option I set it to post ID also and put the connector into it and didn't work

September 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4520403

khalidA-27

Please reply ASAP

September 6, 2019 at 3:20 am #4523107

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you provide me login details so I can check the issue forward, if possible can you also provide 2 import files so I can import it for testing.

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 6, 2019 at 11:46 pm #4527513

khalidA-27

Also note that your late replies are not helping at all

September 7, 2019 at 7:21 pm #4529799

khalidA-27

???????

September 9, 2019 at 4:06 am #4533515

khalidA-27

Worthless unhelpful service

September 9, 2019 at 10:26 am #4535921

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry for the late replies, if you wish you can open a new chat ticket where we can work together and the response time there is very quick as compared to email support.

I am working on this issue and will respond to you soon here.

Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 10:55 am #4536049

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

What 2 files do you need exactly?

I need the files link or id that you have exported from the site also the translation file link so I can try to see why it's not importing it properly on your end.

So, Is Import id 26 and 27 the import that you performed.

I guess this is your live site, so I would need permission to export and import product as well as create/delete the products on your site.

Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 11:25 am #4536619

khalidA-27

contacting through this is not helping
I need live chat
Tried to make a new ticket but it goes as a ticket directly not a chat
And this here is a waste of time

September 9, 2019 at 11:44 am #4536725

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Looks like when you opened a chat ticket there was no chat supporter available, so the chat was converted to email ticket.

I am currently available for chat so could you please open a new chat ticket now, I will take it and continue from there.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Wp All Import’ is closed to new replies.