Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.87 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 24, 2024 at 9:53 pm #15811943

amandaL-9

Background of the issue:
I am using WPML to translate my site. I have PDFs in the Media Gallery, organized with the Folders Pro plugin, and using taxonomies created with ACF. I'm using WP Grid Builder to display the PDFs from certain folders and this works fine in English, but isn't working in the translated languages. I've installed ACF multilingual, the Translate Media add-on for WPML, and the Grid Builder add-on for WPML. This page works but with no facets: hidden link This page isn't working at all: hidden link This page works with content and facet: hidden link However, it doesn't work in English now, for some reason.

Symptoms:
All I'm getting when I switch to Japanese is a 'No files found' error. The facets are also missing. On another page, I am missing the facets, even though the content is displayed. However, the content is coming from a custom post type created within ACF, not the Media Gallery. This custom post type does still use ACF taxonomy, some of which is the same taxonomy as the pages that aren't working at all. On yet another page, everything works just fine. I expected to see: Several facets about 40 documents. Instead, I got: Missing facets and no documents.

Questions:
Why is WP Grid Builder not displaying content on translated pages?
Why are facets missing on some pages but not others?
Why does the page work in Japanese but not in English now?

June 25, 2024 at 1:34 pm #15821292

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

You are facing a known issue with Grid Builder -> Facets using ACF fields. Labels are not translated on the front end. Please read about it in the following link and apply the suggested workaround.

https://wpml.org/errata/grid-builder-facets-using-acf-fields-labels-are-not-translated-in-frontend/

Regards,
Itamar.

June 26, 2024 at 3:29 pm #15835487

amandaL-9

Itamar,

I apologize for not including that in my original post. I had to re-type it 4 times because it kept not submitting the ticket.

I did already find this workaround and I did already install it. It allowed the Facets to register and I have translated them, but they are still not appearing on the front-end.

June 27, 2024 at 2:21 pm #15844724

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, and thanks for trying my suggestions.

If you have not done so yet, please clear all the caching on your site and ensure it is not a caching issue.

If the problem persists, I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment, Which means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty-Four and having no plugins activated except WPML and its add-ons, ACF, and Grid Builder.

First, you must check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyTwenty-Four (for example). If it persists, deactivate all plugins except the WPML, its add-ons, ACF, and Grid Builder. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not continue, start by activating the plugins individually, check when the issue comes back, and then report which plugin was the culprit.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is live, you might want to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

If the problem persists, please share screenshots of the problem with me.

Please note that my weekend is Friday-Saturday, and I'll be able to continue to check this issue and help you on Sunday.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WP Grid Builder content not displaying on translated page’ is closed to new replies.