Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
February 15, 2024 at 2:32 pm #15307721

chrisD-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to translate the filter terms which is created using ACF field values.

In general, ACF labels are translated and working fine in single posts.

Issue is explicit to filter everything.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/recommended-custom-fields-translation-preferences-for-acf-and-wpml/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/acf-filter-everything-wpml/ - no solution mentioned.

What is the link to site where I need support?
hidden link

Login Details as website is in dev mode:
User: nimm3
Password: digital@nimm3.de

en-filter.png
de-filter.png
February 16, 2024 at 5:38 pm #15312740

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Are you using the free version?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/filter-everything/

I would like to offer to have a closer look into this, but kindly take note, that we tried to test the PRO version of the plugin in September 2023. We contacted the author in regards to this and obtained first contact, but then did not yet obtain further cooperation.

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

February 20, 2024 at 10:25 am #15321645

chrisD-2

One additional point that the count in German & English text for ACF-fields in filter is also not matching in English version of the website.

February 20, 2024 at 10:34 am #15321776

Andreas W.
Supporter

Your original archive template was also showing the same issue which was because of:

[fe_widget id="485"]

There is no filter on the backend with the ID "485".

Filter Set DE has "4678".

Filter Set EN has "9673".

In this case, you further can not translate the shortcode with the WPML Translation Editor and I would suggest for now that you place the correct shortcode manually on each archive template.

It is working this way now, but take note that you need to adjust the English template manually, which means placing the correct shortcode again, in case you updated the original template it is getting translated automatically again.

You can use the WordPress Editor as a translation method in this case:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Anyhow, I can still confirm that the translate templates seems not to use the correct filter values and I will need to try to recreate this issue on a new WPML test site.

Once I am done with this task I will get back to you on this ticket.

February 20, 2024 at 2:35 pm #15323457

Andreas W.
Supporter

I have created a test site and run a few tests already. So far the filters work as expected on a blog page that filters by category.

All plugins, incl. Elementor PRO and WPML are active.

Please assist me in recreating the issue, similar to how it occurs on your site.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Leave me a short comment on this ticker, once you are done with this task.

If you do not have the time to run those tests, then please let me know, but as this is a very specific setup, I would be glad about your cooperation.

February 20, 2024 at 2:40 pm #15323516

chrisD-2

Hi Andreas,

thanks for update, I have removed the ID completely as it is free version, and I am using only single filter-set only.

So now [fe_widget] is same on both the archive templates. I have selected to show empty fields in filter, please look into the attached images.

Meanwhile, I will update the demo with similar content.

I have used custom post type i.e. cp_produkte with 2 taxonomies and 3 ACF fields.

Taxonomies are working without any issues.

Regards

calorplast-filter-en-2024-02-20 15_31_34-Window.png
calorplast-filter-2024-02-20 15_30_39-Window.png
February 20, 2024 at 3:01 pm #15323650

Andreas W.
Supporter

Please try to replicate the problem on my test site and let me know afterwards.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

February 20, 2024 at 3:08 pm #15323659

chrisD-2

hidden link - Archive URL

I have updated the content in german language, I have used the automatic translation afterwards.

February 20, 2024 at 3:33 pm #15323897

chrisD-2

Automatic Translation stopped

translation-2024-02-20 16_32_34-Window.png
February 20, 2024 at 3:42 pm #15323937

Andreas W.
Supporter

I have now completed the setup of the filter in the second language and it seems to work as expected:
hidden link

I will need to have another look at your site and try to figure out why it is not working as expected.

February 20, 2024 at 3:52 pm #15323969

chrisD-2

I cannot see ACF fields translated, maybe you get to root cause.

Please let me know what went wrong in live site.

February 20, 2024 at 6:55 pm #15324577

Andreas W.
Supporter

It appears that on your dev site the issue persists in a similar setup while running only:

- Twenty Twenty Four-Theme
- Elementor & Elementor PRO
- ACF & ACF PRO
- Filter Everything
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation

The difference between both sites is the version of ACF PRO, which is outdated on your site.

Please update ACF PRO and test if translating the template again after updating the plugin can solve the issue.

February 21, 2024 at 8:33 am #15325892

chrisD-2

Hi Andreas,

I have updated the ACF pro to the latest version. There is no change in translated filter.

How can I reset the translation of the ACF field group. So all old translated values can be removed.

Thanks

February 21, 2024 at 9:27 am #15326246

chrisD-2

I have also found that the fields in automatic translations are not same for custom post type cp_produkte. This inconsistency is causing the filter to show both german and english ACF field terms in filter.

Sum of post count of ACF terms in German and English is actually equal to original post count of ACF term in original posts(i.e. German language).

See attached images for details.

Capture 072 - Advanced Translation Editor - WPML - e.ate.wpml.org.png
Capture 071 - Advanced Translation Editor - WPML - e.ate.wpml.org.png
February 21, 2024 at 11:41 am #15327521

chrisD-2

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/custom-fields-translation-options/

<li class="wpc-checkbox-item wpc-term-item wpc-term-count-15 wpc-term-id-3" id="wpc-term-post_meta-heizen_kuhlen_von_medien-3"><div class="wpc-term-item-content-wrapper"><input type="checkbox" data-wpc-link="hidden link" id="wpc-checkbox-post_meta-heizen_kuhlen_von_medien-3">
<label for="wpc-checkbox-post_meta-heizen_kuhlen_von_medien-3">hidden link">Elektrolyten <span class="wpc-term-count">(<span class="wpc-term-count-value">15</span>)</span>
</label>
</div>

Can we add these for label for translations in string translations, these checkboxes from filter everything are not translated by default.

Now in english lang, I have only german terms with correct counter counts, check the screenshot.

Thanks

Capture 073 - CP Produkte Archiv - Plastic heat exchangers - Calorplast Wärmetechni_ - dev.calorplast-waermetechnik.de.png

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML + ACF + Filter Everything – Label Translation Issues’ is closed to new replies.