Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to find the fields for Yoast Premium SEO attributes, such as related keywords and synonyms, when translating pages/products from Italian to English using WPML's advanced translator.
Solution:
We recommend the following steps to locate the missing Yoast SEO fields:
1. Navigate to WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation section.
2. Click on Show System Fields.
3. Search for the fields

_yoast_wpseo_focuskeywords

(Related Keyphrases) and

_yoast_wpseo_keywordsynonyms

(Synonyms).

If the solution provided here is not applicable due to it being outdated or not relevant to your specific case, we encourage you to open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins.

If further assistance is needed, please contact us in the WPML support forum: https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.57 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
April 26, 2024 at 1:18 pm #15570858

martaA-10

Hello.
When translating my pages/products through WPML advanced translator from default language (Italian) to English, I cannot find the fields for the Yoast Premium SEO attributes, such as, for example, related keywords and synonyms. While I can easily translate the basic Yoast SEO attributes (SEO title, description, main keywords).

The screenshot here attached show:
1) the Italian homepage set-up for SEO, including related keyword and synonym;
2) the translation editor, not showing additional attributes translation fields but only the basic ones.

Can you please help me? I already spoke with Yoast Premium SEO assistance but there's nothing wrong from their side. They said I should easily see the field for _yoast_wpseo_focuskeywords (Related Keyphrases) and _yoast_wpseo_keywordsynonyms (Synonyms) while I don't.
Thanks for your support.
Marta

Schermata 2024-04-26 alle 15.15.32.png
Schermata 2024-04-26 alle 15.14.21.png
April 28, 2024 at 2:02 pm #15574012

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Marta,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, sorry for the late reply; it was due to a higher workload. Please check the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Settings-> Custom Fields Translation section
2- Click "Show System Fields"
3- Search for the mentioned fields

Please let me know if you are able to find the fields with the above steps.

Best regards,
Osama

April 30, 2024 at 6:18 am #15579298

martaA-10

Hello Osama.
Following your instructions, I was able to sort it out and translate the fields I was looking for. Thanks a lot for your support.

I am now wondering: is this also affecting the Yoast SEO lights for translated pages? As you can see from the screenshot here attached, some translated pages are not showing any score for the Yoast SEO settings (highlighted with red circle), while other do (highlighted with green circle).

Thanks once more.
Marta

Schermata 2024-04-29 alle 13.53.50.png
April 30, 2024 at 6:24 am #15579323

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Marta,

I'm not sure if that affects the score of the pages. Please consult Yoast support regarding this question.

Best regards,
Osama

martaA-10 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-30 06:29:18.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.