Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to see the CTA button on the Chinese version of their website even after adding String Translations in WPML.
Solution:
We recommended checking the Chinese Language navigation menu to ensure the menu item with the button was appearing, following the 'Fully Custom' method described in this documentation.
We then proceeded to translate the menu ID, the button URL, and the button text via the WPML String Translation interface.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can also visit our support forum at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 18, 2024 at 5:13 pm #15750438

limE

Background of the issue:
I am trying to get the CTA button on the top right of hidden link to appear on the Chinese page hidden link. I have already tried to add the String Translations in WPML.

Symptoms:
The CTA button on the top right of the Chinese page hidden link is not showing up.

Questions:
Why is the CTA button not appearing on the Chinese page hidden link even after adding the String Translations in WPML?

June 18, 2024 at 8:35 pm #15750889

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching us. Using the "Fully Custom" method here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#fully-custom-create-menus-manually . Could you please check the Chinese Language navigation menu and see if the menu item with the button shows up?

June 19, 2024 at 4:03 pm #15757310

limE

Does not work. The CTA button is not created inside the "Appearance > Menu" but from within the Divi Pixel's plugin (see attached)

divipixelcta.png
June 19, 2024 at 7:37 pm #15758365

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

June 20, 2024 at 11:09 am #15763149

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

This is fixed and the button should appear now hidden link .

I've translated the menu ID here hidden link

The URL : hidden link

And the texts here : hidden link

June 20, 2024 at 11:31 am #15763302

limE

Yes, indeed the button appears well now. Thanks for your help

limE confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-20 11:31:42.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.