Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the translated Divi sidebar template is not displayed on the frontend, despite translating it in various ways and clearing multiple caches.
Solution:
If you're facing a similar issue with translating a Divi sidebar template, we recommend translating the post type itself rather than using string translation. You should use WPML's translation management, which is specifically designed for theme compatibility with builders like Divi. You can find more information on how to do this here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/. Additionally, ensure to delete any string translations related to these layouts that you might have done previously.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If issues persist, please open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.41 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
June 11, 2024 at 2:59 pm #15727240

pabloL-38

<b>Background of the issue: </b>
Hi. Im trying to translate Divi sidebar template. I translated it in the translation management, as a string (it duplicates I can´t understand why), in the Divi library and is not shown on the frontend. I clear multiples caches, and nothing. Please I need help to see what is happening. I attach captures. Thanks

<b>Symptoms: </b>
Translated Divi sidebar template is not shown on the frontend.

<b>Questions: </b>
Why is the translated Divi sidebar template not showing on the frontend?

sidebar-frontend.PNG
June 12, 2024 at 1:15 am #15729182

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support team,

To proceed with module translation, I think it shouldn't be done from String translation but rather you have to translate it using WPML translation management : https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

You need to translate the post type itself and delete the strings translations you did related to these layouts, I hope this answers your question,

Best,

June 12, 2024 at 1:15 pm #15731830

pabloL-38

Hello, thank you for your reply. I did what it says in the documentation (the same as you suggest). As it didn't work, I tried to translate the strings. It didn't work either, of course.
I deleted all the translated strings and the translation is not reflected in the frontend anyway. I did that and them when I go back to "String translation" they appear again and translated (see screenshot). I don't understand how to delete them definitively.
I also don't understand what you mean by "translate the post type itself".

string-translation_20240612.PNG
June 12, 2024 at 11:27 pm #15733672

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to ask for temporary access to your site’s wp-admin and FTP to investigate the issue further.

Kindly provide me with the steps on how to replicate the problem.

It is important to note that you should back up your site and database before proceeding, and you can use a plugin like Duplicator for this purpose. Here’s a link to the plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you do not see the form below, please do not enter your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:

hidden link

For your privacy and security, please ensure that you make your reply a private one.

Best regards,

June 14, 2024 at 8:16 pm #15741204

Ilyes
Supporter

Hey again,

Can I install Duplicator or All in one WP migration plugin to download a copy of your site?

I don't want to affect your live site so I figured I could run a copy locally and debug this safely,

If not, I will see what I could find by just looking around your backend,

Best,

June 18, 2024 at 1:55 pm #15749401

pabloL-38

Hi Ilyes, sorry for the delay. Yes, you can install whatever you need to replicate the site. I also want to share with you that at the beginning we had installed Polylang and migrated to WPML following your documentation. Just in case I tell you that.

June 18, 2024 at 8:34 pm #15750887

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

Your sidebar is now translated and it turned out to be this one : hidden link

The Template is under the post type "body template".

I hope this solved your issue 🙂

Best,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.