Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client has translated two Elementor templates and single product extra content added through a WordPress widget, but they are not working.
Solution:
We added the following code to WPML-> Settings-> Custom XML tab to register the widget for translation:

<wpml-config><admin-texts><key name="widget_motta-icon-box"></key><key name="*"></key><key name="box"></key><key name="*"><key name="text"></key><key name="button"></key><key name="link"></key></key></admin-texts></wpml-config>

After adding the code, we translated the widget strings via String Translation. We recommend checking the guide on registering admin strings for further details.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 15, 2024 at 7:30 am #16073149

patricG

I've translated these 2 elementor templates but these don't work. Also, I translated the single product extra content which was added through the WordPress widget, but it also doesn't work. Could you check, please?

August 15, 2024 at 7:49 am #16073211

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I added the following code to WPML-> Settings-> Custom XML tab.

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="widget_motta-icon-box">
      <key name="*">
        <key name="box">
          <key name="*">
            <key name="text"/>
            <key name="button"/>
            <key name="link"/>
          </key>
        </key>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

After that, I translated the widget strings via hidden link">String Translation, which fixed the issue.

Kindly check this guide to know more about registering admin strings.

Please check if the widget is translated correctly on the hidden link?">front end.

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.