Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to translate the field link for each item on the Filterable Gallery addon from Essential Addons but the XML code you used did not work.
Solution:
We recommend using the following XML code to make the link available for translations:

<widget name="eael-filterable-gallery">
  <fields-in-item items_of="eael_fg_gallery_items">
    <field type="Filterable Gallery: eael_fg_gallery_item_name" editor_type="LINE">eael_fg_gallery_item_name</field>
    <field type="Filterable Gallery: Item Link" editor_type="LINK">eael_fg_gallery_item_video_link</field>
  </fields-in-item>
</widget>

If you are using the Advanced Translation Editor, you will need to search for the URLs in the editor.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rafael Viana 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 29, 2024 at 4:25 pm #16121235

Rafael Viana

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the field link for each item on Filterable Gallery addon from Essential Addons on my site hidden link. I have tried adding the following XML code but it didn't work: eael-filterable-gallery url

Symptoms:
The XML code provided did not work for translating the field link in the Filterable Gallery addon.

Questions:
How can I correctly translate the field link for each item on the Filterable Gallery addon from Essential Addons using WPML?

August 30, 2024 at 4:52 am #16122790

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you with this.

Can you provide me the xml code that you are using?

Also, to debug this quickly, I would need to check your site settings along with pages urls where I can see the issue.

I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me with those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 2, 2024 at 4:18 am #16129838

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you provide me few pages examples where I can see the issue?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 2, 2024 at 8:34 am #16130547

Rafael Viana

Hello, you can see on this page: hidden link

September 2, 2024 at 9:58 am #16130816

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello

Please use the xml as below and the link will be available for translations.

<widget name="eael-filterable-gallery">
      <fields-in-item items_of="eael_fg_gallery_items">
        <field type="Filterable Gallery: eael_fg_gallery_item_name" editor_type="LINE">eael_fg_gallery_item_name</field>
        <field type="Filterable Gallery: Item Link" editor_type="LINK">eael_fg_gallery_item_video_link</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>

If you are using Advanced Translation editor, you will need to search the urls in the editor.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 2, 2024 at 11:03 am #16131157

Rafael Viana

The XML you sent is exactly the same I already have on the XML and the link is not available for translation

September 2, 2024 at 11:06 am #16131166

Rafael Viana

I tried again and it worked! So problem solved, thank you.

Rafael Viana confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-02 11:06:53.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.