Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 26, 2020 at 9:37 pm #5574459

assadollahD

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Add a new Language

I have tried nearly a dozen times to add a new language, everytime it says "Please, enter required data."
I have entered data for all the fields, not leaving any field empty and making sure that none of the codes conflict with the existing ones, however the issue persists and I cannot add a new language.

Please advise.

Thanks
Asad

February 26, 2020 at 10:29 pm #5574573

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Asad,

Please go to WPML->languages->Edit languages and add your new language information then share a screenshot of the information with me before you save it.

I will give this a try on my environment to see if its an environment-specific issue or a bug.

Also before trying again please verify you are using the latest version of WPML (4.3.9)
https://wpml.org/downloads/

February 27, 2020 at 10:28 pm #5581403

assadollahD

Hi

Thanks for the rapid response, here I have attached the screenshots before submitting the language.

number 4 is the error i get.

Thanks,
Asad

4 error.png
3 error.png
2 error.png
1 error.png
February 27, 2020 at 11:35 pm #5581785

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

February 28, 2020 at 8:00 pm #5588579

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

Please review the username as I am getting an error when trying to access the wp-admin/

February 29, 2020 at 1:11 am #5589115

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

I noticed that you have added quite a lot of languages as active in your installation. This has been shown to cause issues with adding more languages in the past with some similar tickets.

I am able to reproduce and resolve your issue on my local setup.

Please follow the steps below :

1) WPML recommends the memory limit of at least 128MB, However, I recommend 256M or higher for this amount of languages.
Please add the code below in wp-config.php to increase the memory limit. For this, you need to connect to your server via FTP and find the wp-config.php in the root of your site.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

2. Increase PHP max_input_vars
Since you already have more than 20 languages active the PHP max_input_vars should also needs be increased as well.

For this you need to connect to your server via FTP find .htaccess file in the root of your site directory and add below lines of codes at the end of the .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 10000

Once you have the required values updated.
Try creating a new language and let me know if this helps.

March 2, 2020 at 1:04 pm #5599285

assadollahD

Hi
Thanks for the reply I have added both of these two codes to config.php however the issue still presits:

@ini_set( 'max_input_vars' , 10000 );

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

instead of adding max vars to htaccess I added to config.php.

not solved yet 🙁

March 2, 2020 at 6:02 pm #5601925

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

The language should be added now. I was able to add it by temporarily deactivating some of the default languages and then reactivating them.

Please verify with me that the language is now added.

March 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm #5626721

assadollahD

Hi Bobby

Thanks for that, yes I can see that the language I was trying to add is done, however the problem persists, I tried adding another one same issue is there. I even deleted an existing one to add new one, same problem?

Thanks,
Asad

March 5, 2020 at 5:43 pm #5628705

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

Your site has a large number of languages added which can lead to certain issues when adding more languages. This usually stems from environment-related WP memory, etc as its environment can handle this differently.

The easiest way to handle this if you need to add additional custom languages would be to follow the steps of the workaround below:

1. Go to WPML->Languages
2. Add/Remove languages and remove a few languages
Removing the languages will not delete the content or cause any issues it simply deactivates them
3. Add your custom language and reactivate the deactivated languages

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.