Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When a WordPress user with editor permissions edits a translation of a post, they are saved correctly but the user is redirected to the "posts" admin view (wp-admin/edit.php) instead of staying on the edited post.
Solution:
We have identified this issue and it has been addressed in WPML version 4.6.7. We recommend updating WPML to the latest version to resolve this problem. If you're experiencing this issue, please ensure you have updated WPML to version 4.6.7 or above.

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If after updating WPML the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem continues, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
May 4, 2023 at 11:52 am #13586105

pierreB-13

When a WP user with editor permissions edits a translation of a post it will be saved but the user will be redirected to the "posts" admin view (wp-admin/edit.php).

May 8, 2023 at 3:32 am #13601631

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

I can see that issue on my end. I'm asking our 2nd tier support about this issue and update you here when I have something to share.

From my understanding, it could be a feature request to disable the language switcher at the topbar in the admin area to not allow the editor to edit/create a translation in the second language. It is already disabled in the Language box when editing the post in the original language.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 20, 2024 at 4:47 am #15320531

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

FYI, this issue has been fixed from WPML version 4.6.7. Please update WPML to the new version and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.