Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 25, 2020 at 5:32 pm #5362201

vyacheslavH

I am trying to:
When I edit post entry and try to change attach to category (remove or add), after saving returned previously selected category list, but after refresh (F5) page, have the correctly selected category list

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Site under development. But when I disabled the WPML plugin, the issue is disappear

I expected to see:
Should return correct category list after the change that and save

Instead, I got:
Returning the previous sate of the category list, but is real change has happened

I'm using the latest WP (5.3.2) and lated WPML (4.2.9)

January 27, 2020 at 2:43 pm #5370621

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Have you tried to keep WPML enabled and disable the other non-WPML plugins to see if the problem persists?

If not, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

January 27, 2020 at 4:27 pm #5371367

vyacheslavH

I do it, leave only WPML Media, CMS, string translation (however turn off media and string translation, and nothing change), switched to default theme, and behavior is keeping on

January 27, 2020 at 8:24 pm #5372659

Bruno

Thank you for testing this out. I understand that your site is under development, but is it online? If so, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

January 28, 2020 at 12:24 pm #5377115

Bruno

Thanks. When I try to access your site using the credentials you have posted, this message appears: Unknown username. Check again or try your email address.

Could you please check if the username is correct? You can edit your private message above, which will appear with a highlight.

Thank you.

January 28, 2020 at 1:18 pm #5377339

Bruno

The credentials are now working properly. I tried to install All in One Migration, but it didn't work because of permission issues. Then I tried Duplicator, but now this message is displayed: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in .../wp-content/themes/afu-theme/includes/after_core_setup.php on line 372

I'm not sure if your theme has any compatibility issues with Duplicator or All in One Migration. Unfortunately, now I no longer have access to the site.

Could you please check? If possible, install All in One Migration so that I can try to make a copy of your website.

Thank you.

January 28, 2020 at 1:31 pm #5377423

vyacheslavH

Sorry, it my mistake.. fixed it
And upload plugin

January 28, 2020 at 4:19 pm #5379173

vyacheslavH

So, you did enter? Tried to repeat a bug?

January 28, 2020 at 5:32 pm #5379697

Bruno

The problem is happening because of the fallback feature of WPML that you are using. As a workaround you can follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation
- Select the "Translatable - only show translated items" option to the "Posts"
- Click on the Save button

After following these steps the problem must be resolved. I have already forwarded your ticket to our 2nd tier support for them to verify. We currently have no workaround for this. If they add any workaround I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

January 28, 2020 at 5:49 pm #5379753

vyacheslavH

Yes, it's helped for me. Hope you will fix this in future

March 5, 2020 at 3:12 pm #5627065

Bruno

Just as an update, this has already been forwarded to our developers. According to 2nd tier support, this is happening because of an internal cache.

- On the wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/display-as-translated/class-wpml-cache-terms-per-lang.php
- If you comment out this line (insert the // before the line), then it works properly every time:

wp_cache_add( $post_id, $all_terms, self::CACHE_GROUP );

This will be fixed in a future version of WPML. At the moment, however, we do not have a deadline for this issue to be definitively fixed.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.