Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The original slug language is wrong. How do I change it?

Solution:
In order to change the language of slugs go to WPML> String translation and look for that slug. To change the language of specific strings, select them and click on the Change language button. Then, select a new language.

If you do not see some slug, add Translation in WooCommerce> Store URLs, and then it will appear in WPML > String Translation.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-urls

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by enginK-2 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 4, 2020 at 4:38 pm #6055045

enginK-2

Hello,
I am writing you from Turkey. I wish you healthy days.

I wrote my need for support below:
WooCommerce Multilingual -> Store URLs
The original slug tongue looks wrong. How do I fix this?

I showed in detail in the screenshot.

Good works.

screenshot.jpg
May 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm #6070685

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I can see your default language is EN.

So you should set your URLs (slug) in your default language and then use WooCommerce Multilingual -> Store URLs to translate it to Turkish.

Your default values should be in the default language (EN) and then translated. The same goes for Settings>Permalinks it should set for English and then translated. Please check the attached image.

The same goes for attributes and taxonomies, but there is a workaround you can use. Go to WooCommerce Multilingual>Attrbutes> Translations of taxonomy labels and slug> click Change language.

Then change the default language to some other (you can choose any) and then translate that attribute slug.

Please check the attached screenshot.

Please check our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-urls

Let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
May 6, 2020 at 2:31 pm #6071613

enginK-2

Hello,
I think you misunderstood me. or I did not understand you.
The default language of our site is Turkish. But it seems to be English in the StoreURLs section. It should be in Turkish!

screenshot.png
May 7, 2020 at 7:41 am #6077275

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the feedback. You are right I understood wrongly, sorry for that.

In order to change the language of slugs from English to Turkish please go to WPML> String translation and look for that slug. To change the language of specific strings, select them and click on the new Change language of selected strings button. Then, select a new language.

If you do not see some slug, please first add Translation in WooCommerce> Store URLs, and then it will appear in WPML > String Translation.

Info: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

After changing go to Settngs>Pemalinks and click Save to resave permalinks.

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_1.jpg
May 7, 2020 at 8:00 am #6077355

enginK-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

May 7, 2020 at 3:32 pm #6082049

enginK-2

At the "endpoint" the originalSlug has improved. With your help, the original language now appears in Turkish.

But "Attribute slug" is the original language is showing in english. This original language should be Turkish. I can't fix this.

screenshot.png
May 8, 2020 at 7:09 am #6086221

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I will provide more information, so the process is the same:

If you do not see some slug, please first add Translation in WooCommerce> Store URLs, and then it will appear in WPML > String Translation.

1) Add Translation for that slug in WooCommerce> Store URLs
2) Go to WPML > String translation and there you can edit that slug, change language etc., save
3) Go to Settings>Permalinks and save

Please check the images I am providing.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.