Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariusM-13 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Paola Mendiburu.

Author Posts
April 19, 2020 at 2:14 pm #5942767

mariusM-13

Hi,

I translated my site from catalan (main language) tu spanish, and now I would like to to the same to english, but I would like to know if I can overwrite the content of the english version with the content of the spanish version instead of the catalan version (which is availabl right now for overwriting.

I will be maybe some weeks translating to english, and meanwhile I prefer that people who enters the english version of my site, has the content in spanish than in catalan.

Thanks,

April 20, 2020 at 11:48 am #5948119

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Welcome to WPML support, I am Paola and I will help you solve the problem.

In order to do that please go to your spanish page and click on edit, once you are inside go where says "Translate this Document" and check Duplicate for the English language and then click on Duplicate. So now you will have your page with the spanish content.

Please let me know if you have any problem.

Kind regards,

Paola

April 20, 2020 at 1:04 pm #5949481

mariusM-13

Hi Paola,

I already did this when I was translating from catalan to spanish.

Every time that I translated a new page I checked the box for duplicating, but as I knew I was going to translate it later to wnglish too, I checked both duplicate boxes (for spanish and for english), so now this option is no more available. If if go to the spanish version of a page, In the right side I only see the other languages (catalan and english) with a pencil.

Is there the possibility to undo the duplicate for english for doing it again from the spanish page instead of the catalan one?

Thanks,

April 20, 2020 at 1:05 pm #5949491

mariusM-13

A screenshot

Screenshot.jpg
April 20, 2020 at 1:51 pm #5949825

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Ok.

So please first delete the english page. Make sure you also delete it from the trash.

And the you go to the spanish page and you will be able to duplicate it.

Please let me know if you are able to do it.

Kind regards,

Paola

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.