Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 days, 21 hours ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 3, 2024 at 2:22 pm #16136127

amberW

Background of the issue:
I stated site under development. It is a live site. So urgent issue. But last time they wanted to clone my site. Which is so unnecessary. I already have a ready staging site for you guys to try out. I have an original site in Dutch. I use Woocommerce Producnt Bundle which should be fully compatable. But when showing the translated versions of my products, not all separate items are attached to the product. This influences price and stock and gives me issues in processing the orders. I already checked. The separate items are fully translated and available on the website. So that cannot be the reason the items are not attached. I really do need your help and someone to check this out. I pay for the plugin so I hope this time someone will really be wanting to help me.

Symptoms:
Missing products when bundle is ordered. Amount paid then also incorrect.

Questions:
Please help me fix this issue so I can use the product bundles for the translations as well. I have a growing Ecommerce business. But now I cannot sell the product bundles correctly / am missing out on sales / cash per order / have to either add the products missing for free, or I have to discuss with customers to manually add.

September 3, 2024 at 5:17 pm #16137160

amberW

I have understood that it might be due to the system values not being taken with / translated. What function do I need to perform to get this translated?

September 4, 2024 at 7:13 am #16138605

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. Before assigning your ticket to one of my colleagues, please allow me to guide you through some initial debugging steps to help speed up the support process.

Please create a new Product with Product Bundles for testing. Then duplicate it to a secondary language and make sure you are getting the expected results.

Maybe it will be related to this known issue. So please try the workaround suggested there after a site backup - https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-product-bundles-php-notice-function-product_type-was-called-incorrectly/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 4, 2024 at 8:33 am #16139008

amberW

I do not know how I can get to this data. What do I need to do to be able to get to this file? Could you help me out with this change? Also does it change the old products as well or how should I fix those?

September 4, 2024 at 2:48 pm #16141311

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'll continue to help you with this issue.

I've read this ticket and also the other ticket you had about this case in June.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/bundled-products-not-showing-all-bundles/

Please give me access to your staging site and allow me to perform a check on it. Please be aware that if I cannot solve this issue on your staging site, I'll need to escalate this issue to our second-tier supporters. For this, I must take a copy of your site. (This is how we work, as intensive debugging processes cannot be done on a remote server.) Therefore I also need your consent to take a copy of your site. For this, I must install a plugin like Duplicator or All In One Migration. Please let me know if you agree.

I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

September 4, 2024 at 4:00 pm #16141839

amberW

Content:
Login to site on page: hidden link
--removed by support IR--
I understand the reasoning behind having to make a copy and the privacy rules you have. If a copy needs to be made. I understand. I do think Kinsta does not allow the plugins you have mentioned. But please check if necessary.

September 4, 2024 at 5:32 pm #16142134

Itamar
Supporter

Important!
Our forum is public. It is not a private discussion/thread only between you and us. So please refrain from posting sensitive information in public replies. I have removed the login details from the previous reply. For your site's safety, please change those details. I'm not allowed to use the access details as you shared them. You must share them in a private reply. The reply will not be private if you don't fill in the access details in the particular access form. This way, you also consent us to access your site and that you have a backup.

A private message is enabled for the following reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 5, 2024 at 2:05 pm #16145599

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your input on the private message. I passed it on to our system team.

I escalated this case to our second-tier supporters. Indeed, I was unable to install the migration plugins. I'll wait to hear from our second-tier supporters about what we can do about this.

I'll keep you updated here.

I appreciate your patience.
Itamar.

September 6, 2024 at 8:04 am #16147614

amberW

Hi Itamar, any updates? I have also contacted Kinsta. And they state that I can make a downloadable file of the website myself as a downloadable backup. But the file might still be kind of big.

I could also invite you or someone else from WPML to be WordPress Site Developer user role, which only has access to the staging site: hidden link.

But I would need to know who to invite 😉

Hope to hear from you! 😉

September 8, 2024 at 3:32 pm #16152843

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Our second-tier supporter asks you to replicate this issue on a clean WordPress installation. It will be the correct way to proceed with investigating this problem.

For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:

hidden link

With this link, you'll be directly logged in.

Could you please install the WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?

I've already configured WPML and WooCommerce to the basic configuration. Dutch is the default language, and English is the second language. Also, the Storefront theme is installed with some sample products.

Please also ensure you install the latest version of the plugin.

Please let us know when everything is finished, and you can replicate the problem.

Important! Do not import your site to the test site. We must replicate the problem on a fresh, clean WordPress installation.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 8, 2024 at 4:00 pm #16152865

amberW

Hi, I have added the plugin and have made the product bundle. However I translated it but do not see an English language. Switcher at bottom won't let me Switch it.

September 9, 2024 at 7:57 am #16154249

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

This is because you must complete the translation. It is currently in "In progress" status. Please see the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Itamar.

2024-09-09_10-56-28.jpg
September 9, 2024 at 8:26 am #16154419

amberW

Hi Itamar,

To be honest. Of course thank you for the information. On the other, it is taking so much time. Wouldn't it have just been faster, since you were logged in. To immediately save the translation and check the results? It does feel a bit like do it yourself support now and it is taking me a long time even though the issue is causing me daily issues. I do not mean this disrespectful in any way. But I am a bit surprised about the workings of the support WPML offers and hope we can speed it up if possible since the high urgency :-).

In the case of the sandbox. After translation NO products are connected. So it does seem something strange is going on. I hope this can be debugged. Thank you so much, I hope you don't take me wrong. I am very happy you are helping me.

September 9, 2024 at 8:37 pm #16158830

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I am sorry for any inconvenience you were caused.

The other products did not show up because they were not translated. I translated all the products, and now they show up.

hidden link

The problem cannot be reproduced on the test site, so we need a copy of your site. You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me. For this, I'll enable private messages for the following reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 12, 2024 at 6:58 pm #16173329

amberW

I am still working on the issue/getting you the files. Please do not close it and make sure I can still send private data.