Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 28, 2020 at 12:04 pm #6012017

nicolasb-4

products have 2 default languages

April 28, 2020 at 1:17 pm #6012683

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you provide us a direct database access if possible?

I will then see if can find something that would help resolving this.

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 29, 2020 at 8:30 am #6018485

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

Btw, I can't open hidden link url, how do I access this?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 29, 2020 at 8:35 am #6018533

nicolasb-4

hidden link

April 29, 2020 at 9:19 am #6018859

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I was able to log into database and I picked up a random product as an example - the one with 91102 trid. That one had two source language codes set as null - I assume that French is indeed original, however the Portuguese Brazilian also had null.

It seems like it was duplicate, but even after converting it into translation, it stayed null again.

However, the only way I was able to fix it is by changing the source language code for the Portuguese Brazilian manually into "fr", that one being an original.

I'm not sure how you got there or how to reproduce, but I guess that you could end up with deleting Brazilian Portuguese products and then translating them anew.

Otherwise the only solution would be changing the source language code manually for all of them, but since there are 250 of them, I think that the first option would be much quicker.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 29, 2020 at 9:38 am #6019079

nicolasb-4

Thank you a lot, so i just need to delete all product in portuguese ?
But i saw that when i delete product in portuguese, i can't modify the product even in french english...

Can you just show me how do you change the source language code ? in which table and which column?

April 29, 2020 at 9:46 am #6019315

nicolasb-4

I think you just fix everything ? i can modify product in french without problem
you are just amazing

April 29, 2020 at 10:09 am #6019703

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It is within icl_translations, have a look at this documentation as it will explain how all of this is structured and how to find the translation groups:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

But as for editing French, I did not do anything really 🙂

Regards,
Bruno Kos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.