Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.72 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danN-11 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 22, 2020 at 5:20 pm #5971011

danN-11

Hello Bigul,

One more question to be sure, What is the settings I should do regarding comments ? (Attached picture)
What does "Synchronize comments on duplicate content" and "Synchronize comment status" mean exactly?
Does my french comments will be mix with the english ones? I guess no as it is 2 different pages right?
All the best,
Dan

April 22, 2020 at 5:40 pm #5971107

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please note, it will not be possible to sync or translate the comments between the original language and translated language posts/pages when we are using the default Comments feature of WordPress because of technical reasons. Comments are associated with the posts/pages in the language in which they were created.

*Synchronize comments on duplicate content* feature only works if we duplicate a Post or Page to secondary languages. Therefore as a workaround, you can try one of the following plugins for achieving this feature.

a) Install and activate the Multilingual Comments plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-comments/. This plugin will help us to sync the Comments between the original language and translated language posts/pages

Or

b) Install and activate the WPML comments merging plugin - hidden link. This plugin will merge the Comments of the original language and translated language posts/pages

Please try it after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 23, 2020 at 11:00 am #5976053

danN-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Bigul!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.