Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sylvainG-5 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 20, 2024 at 4:16 am #16201101

sylvainG-5

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the English schedule page into French. It is already translated into 6 other languages. Normally, I should be able to see the blocks in English on the left side and translate them on the right side. Here is the link to the page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
Instead of seeing the translation blocks, it shows a page called 'Translations queue' with 'No data'. The page displays columns like Title, Type, Languages, Deadline, Status, and Actions, but all show 'No Data'.

Questions:
Why is the translation page showing 'Translations queue' with 'No data' instead of the translation blocks?
How can I fix this issue to see the original blocks and translate them?

September 20, 2024 at 4:35 am #16201120

sylvainG-5

I desactivated Fluents and Termly, it is the same. I got this page instead of normal page:

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 12.34.22.png
Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 11.47.49.png
September 22, 2024 at 4:12 pm #16206460

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

You are using WPML's Classic Translation Editor to translate this page, and you should keep using it also for French.

I can see that the French agenda page is blank - hidden link.

Please check if there is no French translation in the trash section. If so, delete it and send the page for translation again.

If this is not the case, please give me access to your site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me. I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2024 at 4:26 am #16207263

sylvainG-5

just now I have edit and save the page hidden link as it was critical error. It is normal now until the issue come back again (within 24 hours)

September 23, 2024 at 8:54 am #16208022

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the access details.

I can see that the French translation is working now. When I edit the translation, I get the Classic Translation Editor. I understand that the fatal error occurs randomly. We need to "catch" this problem. To do this, please activate WordPress's debug log.

If the problem persists, please share WordPress's debug log (not WPML debug information) with us. Please check this page for instructions.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors', 0);

After this, repeat the action that causes the problem on your site (or wait for it to happen again.) The errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. The file name will be debug.log. Then please share the errors with us.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2024 at 10:22 am #16208760

sylvainG-5

Hello Itamar, thanks so much,
WP-CONFIG.PHP file has been updated now.

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 18.22.23.png
September 23, 2024 at 11:31 am #16209236

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

The following line is missing.

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2024 at 1:57 pm #16210178

sylvainG-5

Cloudaways made the change 👍

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 21.57.17.png
September 24, 2024 at 6:27 am #16212479

sylvainG-5

Hello, the french agenda page again became white and i just save again to bring it back.
Any result? thanks

September 24, 2024 at 11:05 am #16214126

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Have you checked the debug.log, which you should find in the /wp-content/ folder, for any errors while this issue occurs?

Currently, the agenda page in French is showing as correct. Please understand that it is hard to investigate if I can not see the problem or know how to trigger it. I tried to log into your site with the FTP access you gave me but got to look for any error in the debug.log, but I could not log in. I got this message:

Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Please check the FTP access details and correct them in the previous private reply (you can edit it.)

Important! Please also check that it is not a browser issue. The browser's caching can be causing this issue. While you see it, please clear all the caching for your site in the browser. While this problem occurs, you can also check if the same problem persists in another browser.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 24, 2024 at 2:18 pm #16215492

sylvainG-5

Hi itamar, it is SFTP not FTP
try this pass: --removed by the support-- and delete this message please

September 24, 2024 at 2:27 pm #16215556

sylvainG-5

Hi Itamar, as i show about the pass for SMTP 🙏
Do you want me to leave the white page next time the issue appears? Right now every time i see the white page coming I edit the tanslation and save.
Thanks for helping
Sylvain

September 24, 2024 at 7:13 pm #16217258

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Sylvain.

The FTP access details are working now. Thanks! (Of course, I used the SFTP protocol when I tried to log in the first time.)

You asked: "Do you want me to leave the white page next time the issue appears?"

Yes, please do so. Please immediately reply to this ticket and let me know. As I said, it is hard for me to investigate without seeing the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 25, 2024 at 6:19 pm #16222223

sylvainG-5

Oi Itamar,
Page is white now.
Maybe after updating plugins (woocomerce), and clearing Object cache pro
PLease save the french translation after you investingate, as my students cannot see anymore my dates on the page 🙏
Thanks

September 26, 2024 at 3:58 am #16222949

sylvainG-5

Oi itamar,
Did you get the chance to look at it? I need to put it back to normal. Obrigado