Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by soyculto 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 30, 2020 at 2:39 pm #6031731

soyculto

Hi

I am using WPML in a 2 languages site (ES & PT-BR) developed with the Elegant themes' EXTRA. I am using Yoast SEO plugin to manage SEO matters.
In this site I put in the menu links to categories to list all posts within this category.

In Spanish (the default language) I get the proper post listing (ex: hidden link ) when going to my secondary language Portuguese, using the language switch or going directly to the URL, I get a 404 (see hidden link )

In another case, the Spanish category shows the post listing correctly ( see hidden link ) where the Portuguese goes on a post hidden link from this category.
I would expect to a post listing in hidden link instead.

I understood that the "Remove the categories prefix" option on Yoast could interfere for which I installed the "Yoast SEO Multilingual" plugin. I tried to reactivate the category prefix in Yoast which would solve the problem but I cannot leave it like that for SEO performance.

In the past, using this "Remove the categories prefix" option by putting "keep" then "remove" back and purging all caches, I could get a temporary fix to this problem. Nevertheless It would appear again on plugin updates.
Now with the last update, doing this fix is not solving the problem.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

May 3, 2020 at 6:55 am #6046345

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Could you please verify at WPML -> Taxonomy Translation and check of the Category Base and Categories are translated accordingly.

Also please try WPML -> WP Menus Sync in order to sync the menus.

Let me know about the results.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 5, 2020 at 5:37 pm #6064177

soyculto

Thank you Andreas. if the WPML -> Taxonomy Translation was correct I could see the WPML -> WP Menus Sync was out of sync.
Syncing them back solved the problem hopefully for good. I'll cross finger on the next update.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.