Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is working on a translation queue and expects to return to the same prefiltered/sorted list after translating an item. Instead, the filters reset, causing inefficiency and time waste.
Solution:
We acknowledge the inconvenience caused by the translation queue filters resetting after each translation. Currently, there is no feature to save recently applied filters on the translation queue page. We have taken note of this issue and will submit it as a feature request for consideration in future updates.

If this solution is not relevant to your case, or if it becomes outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please contact us on the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
April 23, 2024 at 9:45 pm #15558371

stadeli

I am trying to: work on a translation queue

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: after translating an item (click on button) I want to come back to the exact same list that was prefiltered/sorted, etc. not a list with reset filters.
Alternatively provide a link instead of a button that we can open in a new tab.

Instead, I got: filter resets, wasting precious time to wait for WPML to load the list again, then filter again, wait once more, etc. -> it's inefficient.

wpml filter reset.jpg
April 24, 2024 at 9:46 am #15559836

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

Upon inspection, it appears that there's currently no functionality available to save recently applied or used filters on the translation queue page. However, I can certainly submit this as a feature request for review. This would potentially enable you to save a filter or a recently used filter, preventing it from resetting each time you access the translation queue.

April 24, 2024 at 5:06 pm #15562076

stadeli

Hi Kor,

You make it sound like a nice to have feature. But if you have to actually work with it, it is in deed annoying to have the list reset every time. You have to search for the items you want to translate after every step and waste valuable time.
At least provide a link instead of a button or both so the translation task can be done in a new tab without loosing the filtered list.

Thanks,
Daniel

April 24, 2024 at 5:37 pm #15562387

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for getting back to me.

I genuinely appreciate your feedback. I understand the situation you've encountered, and unfortunately, there are currently no available workarounds. However, I will definitely convey your experience and feedback to our team.

April 24, 2024 at 5:40 pm #15562404

stadeli

thanks

stadeli confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-24 17:40:30.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.