Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
May 6, 2024 at 7:37 am #15595595

sanderK-17

At WooCommerce > Settings > Emails I changed the Email sender options “From” address” from webshop@plugwise.com to secretariaat@plugwise.com. However, emails are still send from webshop@plugwise.com.

Then I disabled all plugins, and enabled them one by one. I found the problem starts when I enable the WPML String Translation plugin. Then I went to WPML > String translation. In the strings I searched for secretariaat@plugwise.com. There I found that has a translation to webshop@plugwise.com! The string that is translated is domain: admin_texts_woocommerce_email_from_address and name: woocommerce_email_from_address .

Screenshot: hidden link

I changed the translation and now it works.

Remaining WPML issue: When going to WooCommerce > Settings >Emails the “From” address does not show the translated string when switching to the Dutch language. It is therefore confusing that on that page the translation is not shown. I can imagine shops would like to set a different email in different countries, but this did make it hard to find the solution to solve the problem. WPML needs to solve this issue by:
- making it more clear that this field is translated
- and/or show the translation when switching the admin language on top.

May 6, 2024 at 8:27 am #15595858

sanderK-17

The title of this feature request has been made by WPML. To clarify, to improve WPML one of the solutions could be to show the translated option when switching admin language. But even better would be to show after each field that is translated some type of WPML translation text or icon. Because I did not even think that the "email from" field could be translated and therefore did not try to see if changing the admin language will show a different field input.

I put a link to this feature request in my original Woocommerce issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/emails-still-send-from-old-sender-email/

May 6, 2024 at 8:40 am #15595921

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

I'm discussing this feature with our 2nd tier support. I will update you here when I have more information.

Thanks.