Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 10 hours, 14 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
September 20, 2024 at 5:43 pm #16203915

Allie Quindoza

Background of the issue:
We've repurchased our WPML Plan for our WordPress site. I've updated the WPML plugins on our site.

Symptoms:
When going to update translations, it's saying we don't have enough credits to complete the translation.

Questions:
Why are translations not updating on our WordPress site?
How can we resolve the issue of not having enough credits to complete the translation?

September 20, 2024 at 5:58 pm #16203927

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let me share how WPML works:

With WPML you can translate your content automatically, using AI, or translate with human translators you choose.

To translate your content automatically, you need to buy credits. That is so, because of the costs involved with AI translation. Here are more details on it:
https://wpml.org/account/buy-credits-for-automatic-translation/

You receive a generous quota of free credits when you buy WPML. If you’ve used up your free credits and want to continue using automatic translation, you can buy packages of prepaid credits, or sign-up to pay-as-you-go.

Let me know if that answers your question. If not, please give me more details on what's going on 🙂

September 20, 2024 at 6:23 pm #16203940

Allie Quindoza

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my above message.

We just re-purchased the WPML Multilingual CMS plan with 90,000 translation credits. What I was asking was - after re-purchasing the plan, and (I believe) updating the WPML plugin on our WordPress site, when I go to update translations on WordPress we get a message stating that we do not have enough credits to do so.

I was wondering if there was an error on our end? Will I need to re-install the plugin on our WordPress site to get the updated credits? Or is there something else I need to do?

September 20, 2024 at 7:15 pm #16203977

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thanks for clarifying. So, you reactivated a already existing account, is that correct?

Were you using the same plan before?