Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing a page that is loading non-stop when trying to edit a translation, it might be due to invalid HTML within code modules on the page.

Solution:
To fix this issue, we recommend you:
1. Edit the page and both code modules.
2. Remove all style sheets from the code modules and add the CSS to the Divi theme options or the theme's style.css file.
3. Ensure that only the content within the body tags is present in the code modules. For example, you should only include the necessary HTML elements, such as:

<a class="button primary-button tooltip-container button-callout show-callout" href="#plan-show">VIEW PLANS
    <span class="tooltip">
        3H/MO MANAGED <br />SUPPORT INCLUDED!
    </span>
</a>

4. Save the page after making these changes.
5. Go to WPML → Translation Management and resend the page for translation, or make a slight change to the original page, save it, and then navigate to the translation editor.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
March 5, 2024 at 10:49 pm

edoardod-8

Page is loading non stop

Go to pages -> edit the "GPU dedicated servers" page
hidden link

Edit the translation and save

The translation is loading non-stop

March 5, 2024 at 11:58 pm
March 7, 2024 at 6:18 am #15382289

edoardod-8

Its been days (since the live chat support staff) created the ticket on my behalf.

But still the technical staff didn't reply to my ticket. It's urgent, can you please solve the issue asap.

March 7, 2024 at 12:10 pm #15384100

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

I appreciate your patience. This is Andrey speaking, and I would be happy to assist you further.

Unfortunately, I am currently unable to log in to your staging site. Please double-check your login credentials, and if necessary, update them. You can find the required fields below the comment area to leave your next reply when you log in. The information you provide will be kept private and only accessible to you and me.

I've also enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

March 7, 2024 at 1:19 pm
March 7, 2024 at 4:59 pm #15386114

Andrey
Supporter

I want to ask you about the possibility of replicating your site locally. I'll use "Duplicator" plugin on your site temporarily. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it independently, you can provide me with the snapshot and send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Let me know how you feel about this.

March 10, 2024 at 11:54 am #15392487

edoardod-8

i give you the right to replicate website locally through duplicator.

Regarding WordPress credentials, I personally tested and its working fine....

March 12, 2024 at 9:45 am #15398275

Andrey
Supporter

Thank you. I will update you as soon as I know more.

March 13, 2024 at 1:21 pm #15404116

Andrey
Supporter

I am consulting our team regarding your reported issue and will update you.

March 15, 2024 at 9:30 am #15413521

Andrey
Supporter

I appreciate your patience. The issue on this page is caused by two code modules containing the entire HTML page, including the HTML and head tags and the stylesheet. This is incorrect because a page can only have one HTML tag and one body tag. As a result, WPML cannot process the page, but this is not a bug, as the HTML is invalid.

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Edit the page and both code modules.
2. Remove all style sheets and add the CSS to the Divi theme options or theme style.css file.
3. Extract the code in the <body>...<body> tag and add it only to the code module. For example, in the first block, you only need to add this code to the code module:

<a class="button primary-button tooltip-container button-callout show-callout" href="#plan-show">VIEW PLANS
    <span class="tooltip" >
        3H/MO MANAGED <br>SUPPORT INCLUDED!
    </span>
</a>

4. Once you have made these changes, save the page.
5. Go to WPML → Translation Management and send the page again for translation. Or make a slight change to the original page, save it, and navigate to the translation editor. It should work this time.

I hope this helps. I am attaching a few screenshots.

image1.png
image2.png
March 20, 2024 at 9:44 am #15430179

edoardod-8

I follow the steps you gave, removed <body> , <HTML> tags from the code and simply added the updated code on module.

And then I edit the original page text and save it.

After that I went to translation editor, it didn't updated the default text according to my modification on original page and I still edit the translated text and save it.

its been couple minutes and it still keeps showing the loading bar.

Can you please check this issue in detail.

Test link: hidden link

Thanks

March 20, 2024 at 7:21 pm #15433528

Andrey
Supporter

I have reviewed the test link you shared and can still see the code I mentioned earlier appearing in one of the modules. Please ensure that you check this issue as well. After fixing it, kindly save the page.

To update the page translation, you need to slightly modify the original page by adding a dot to the text, for example. Save the page, then navigate to the WPML translation editor and complete the translation.

Minecraft-Server-Hosting-Space-Hosting.png
March 23, 2024 at 11:22 pm #15443536

edoardod-8

Hi,
i've removed <html or <head from our webpage: hidden link
but still, the issue remained as is, here's the video link: hidden link

Thanks

March 25, 2024 at 3:26 pm #15447667

Andrey
Supporter

Thank you for updating me. I can see that the page translation has been completed and successfully applied to the page.

March 25, 2024 at 6:15 pm #15448630

edoardod-8

After an hour, yes it successfully updated the translation.

The issue is that why it taking so much time to just update translation of 1 sentence.

can you please check in-depth.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.