Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 19 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 4:29 pm #16242079

enricoC-33

Background of the issue:
We are working on the staging version of our website and translating it from Italian to English. We are using an external translator listed under 'translation management > translators'. We obtained authorization from the translator and are sending the files using the WordPress/WPML interface and web services. A large part of the text on the website is contained in ACF fields/repeaters.

Symptoms:
The word count calculated by the translator using the XLIFF files sent via WPML web services is much higher than the words actually contained on the page. The XLIFF files contain some old revisions of the text, causing the word count discrepancy.

Questions:
Could this be a WPML bug?
How can we solve the issue of old text revisions being included in the XLIFF files?

October 2, 2024 at 3:11 pm #16246467

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

I regret any inconvenience caused, but to proceed with troubleshooting, I kindly ask for a snapshot of the site. Alternatively, with your permission, I can create one myself. For this purpose, I typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you're already familiar with Duplicator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To guide you further, please adhere to these instructions:

1. View the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

2. Consult WPML's instructions on providing supporters with a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

3. If the archive file exceeds 400MB, please use Duplicator's file filters to exclude cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file ready, kindly share the link with us. You can utilize platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar for file sharing, as the snapshot file might be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the file link there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

October 3, 2024 at 7:01 pm #16251890

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this to our 2nd Tier Support and I will come back to you as quickly as possible.