Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
April 22, 2024 at 10:20 pm #15553160

miodragO

I have followed your video tutorials and tried to translate website automatically and automatic translation didn't translate anything. Only thing which was translated was my menus which was the only thing i didn't want to translate.
Also i need translate for Serbian language in latin. Menus(the only translated thing) was translated in cirilic which i don't want.

April 23, 2024 at 1:34 am #15553323

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Miodrag,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML support. While you're waiting for one of my colleagues to handle this ticket, let me offer you some initial debugging steps to assist with the issue promptly.

Your site is under maintenance mode so I'm unable to check your site's content. According to the debug log, I see you are using the theme "Augustine" and some Qode addon plugins so I think the content on your site is built with custom Elementor widgets.

And it is possible that the widget content is not registered for translation. I suggest you follow the documentation below to create custom XML configuration code to register them for translation and re-translate the page.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 23, 2024 at 7:06 am #15553799

miodragO

Hi,

I have reset WPML plugin and now when i installed it again i have received error in the backend:
We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Table 'z180167ivi_.ULyUC5a_icl_strings' doesn't exist
Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => WP Endpoints
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => 3a448b300c73de9c6696651892b08d2f
[name] => wc-api
[value] => wc-api
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

wpml.png
April 23, 2024 at 11:42 am #15555697

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the problem you're having. This type of issue often arises if the WPML activation process is not completed properly or if the icl_strings table fails to be created successfully.

To solve the issue, please follow the workaround mentioned in this errata: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

I hope it will help. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

April 23, 2024 at 12:08 pm #15555798

miodragO

Hi Procsenjit,

Is there any chance that i can provide you with my login credentials for you to reset my WPML plugin configuration(erase all of the translations) i configure it properly?
If yes, how can i send my credentials privately?

Kind regards,

Miodrag

April 24, 2024 at 4:36 am #15558624

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi Miodrag,

I understand what you're looking for. We have a detailed guide on how to reset the WPML plugin. Please try to reset it by following the instructions outlined in the guide linked below:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/deleting-languages-and-plugin-data-by-doing-a-wpml-reset-on-your-site/

According to our support guidelines, performing a WPML plugin reset on client sites is outside our support scope. However, if you run into any issues during the reset process or if you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

April 24, 2024 at 6:06 am #15558683

miodragO

Hi Prosenjit,

When i try to remove secondary languages i get the error from the screenshot in my console.
The languages cannot be removed.

I have performed steps 2 and 3 and reset WPML plugin.
I have to ask you again, can you configure WPML plugin for me if i provide you with the login credentials?
If yes, how can i provide credentials privately?

If you cannot then i am afraid that i will have to ask for a refund since WPML is not working and you cannot help.
There would be nothing left for me to do then since WPML isn't translating anything automatically.
Also please answer as soon as possible since i am very time limited and i already lost couple of days on this.

Kind regards,

Miodrag

wpmle1.png
April 24, 2024 at 10:09 am #15559985

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Miodrag,

I'll do my best to assist you with this issue. Please share access to your site and let me know which aspects of the WPML configuration you need help with.

You will find the needed fields to share the access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

IMPORTANT
-Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 24, 2024 at 10:48 am #15560275

miodragO

Hi,

I almost forgot, i need four translations, Serbian(but in latin), Greek, English and Russian.
Please configure WPML.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Miodrag

April 24, 2024 at 11:51 am #15560635

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Miodrag,
Thank you for sharing the access information.

I was successfully been able to reset the plugin and also configured languages. The error that you have reported is no longer showing in the Dashboard.

I also checked the WPML settings and they are all correct. Since Serbian is set as the default language, I have configured the others accordingly except for Serbian(Latin). As it is a custom language, it needs to be configured correctly with language code. To understand how you can configure custom language in WPML, please check this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/editing-wpmls-languages-table/

Since you have already used some credits for automatic translation, I regret to inform you that these cannot be refreshed, as they have already been paid to the translation engine. For more details, please visit this link: https://wpml.org/faq/can-i-get-a-refund-for-automatic-translation-credits/

Currently, you have 68k+ credits left that you can use for translating content automatically.

WPML is now fully configured and ready to handle translations on your site. Please take a moment to check and let me know if there's anything else you need assistance with. I'm here to help!

Best regards,
Prosenjit

April 24, 2024 at 12:03 pm #15560679

miodragO

Hi,

Thank you for configuring WPML.

I am not sure where 20000 credits went since nothing was translated in my website the first time i used it?
Can you please proceed with automatic translation of the website for all of the mentioned languages?
This was the first issue. When i started automatic translation nothing was translated for some reason. If nothing is translated multilanguage website loses its purpose.

Please automatically translate my website in English, Greek and if there is enough credits for Russian as well.
I need translation for the regular pages and for single room pages.
If its possible do it today.
Thank you very very much.

Kind regards,

Miodrag

April 24, 2024 at 12:06 pm #15560681

miodragO

Hi,

I have also added language switcher in the menu with all of the languages but only Serbian is displyed.
Not sure why the others aren't displaying. First time they were displayed just fine.

Kind regards,

Miodrag

April 24, 2024 at 7:30 pm #15562620

miodragO

Hi,

Your colleague Ilyes helped me with my issues.
I am so satisfied with your support.
There is no need to do anything further on my website.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Miodrag

April 25, 2024 at 3:56 am #15563088

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Miodrag,
Thank you so much for the update!

I had finished my work shift when you responded, which is why I couldn’t reply immediately. However, I'm glad to hear that everything is sorted out now! 🙂

Feel free to reach us if you ever need any assistance with our plugins, we will be happy to help.

Since the issues you encountered have been resolved, please consider marking this thread resolved as well!

Wishing you a nice day ahead!

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 5, 2024 at 9:13 am #15594065
miodragO

Hi,

I have two more questions.
First one, in the filter in my home page and archive pages i was not able to translate all and room/rooms(images in the attachment):
hidden link

Second issue is with the cart and checkout pages. Those pages are translated, however for serbian language translation is cirilic, and i want it to be in latinic as the rest of the translations in my website.
You can find cart and checkout pages in the following links:
hidden link
hidden link

I was not able to change labes in string translation in your plugin.
Can you please point me to the location where those labels can be changed?

Kind regards,

Miodrag

New threads created by Prosenjit Barman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-issue-translating-filter-cart-and-checkout-page/

wpmlt2.png
wpmlt1.png

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML didn't translate anything in my website’ is closed to new replies.