Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that the 'Link to translation' feature, which was previously visible in posts, suddenly disappeared despite having translations available and being updated to WordPress 6.6.1.
Solution:
We identified that the issue might be due to the String Translation plugin not being active. We recommend activating the String Translation plugin on your site and then reconfiguring the 'Link to Translation' feature. If you haven't installed the addon yet, please go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial and install the addon from there. Here's a guide on how you can configure that.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 24, 2024 at 1:16 am #15995194

neetuS

Background of the issue:
I had already enabled the Links to translation of posts. It was showing earlier. But suddenly it is not showing in the posts.

Symptoms:
Links to translation of posts is not showing in the posts.

Questions:
Can you look into why the links to translation of posts are not showing?
Translations of all the posts are available.

July 24, 2024 at 1:17 am #15995210

neetuS

no updates of the wpml plugin is available. And i have updated to wordpress 6.6.1 version also

July 24, 2024 at 6:47 pm #16000052

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having. While checking the WPML Debug info, I noticed that the String Translation plugin is currently not active on your site. This could be why the "Link to translation" post section is not showing, even though the post has been translated properly.

Could you please activate the String Translation plugin on your site and then reconfigure the 'Link to Translation' feature? If you haven't installed the addon yet, please go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial and install the addon from there.

Here's the guide on how you can configure that.

Please check and let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

July 25, 2024 at 12:32 am #16000741

neetuS

working. without enabling it is working. I haven't clicked on the above or below the post.

neetuS confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-25 00:32:58.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.