Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are receiving an error stating 'REST API is disabled, blocking some features of WPML' despite having the REST API enabled and installing the latest version of WPML.
Solution:
We have identified this issue as a false positive, meaning the error appears even though the REST API is functioning correctly in your environment. You can safely dismiss this error message. This issue has been encountered by other clients as well, and dismissing the error has been the recommended approach. For more details, you can refer to a similar case discussed in our forums: WPML support forum.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Additionally, you can open a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by camre 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
December 2, 2019 at 1:50 pm #5054015

jjgK

Hello,

I'm getting this error: REST API is disabled, blocking some features of WPML.

I have REST API enabled, I've double-checked it with the article published earlier on this support forum.

I even have installed the recent version (4.3.5). According to the support article, this error should've been gone. But it's still everywhere.

What can I do?

December 3, 2019 at 11:45 am #5060139

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, this is a false positive notice on your side (because rest api works fine on your environment) so you should not take it into consideration.

Some other clients experienced the same thing where it was a false positive (here's an example here - https://wpml.org/forums/topic/rest-api-is-disabled-blocking-some-features-of-wpml-8/#post-5040137).

Can you dismiss it?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

December 5, 2019 at 8:53 am #5074595

camre

Hi,
With version 4.3.5 of WPML activated, the "API REST ..." error also appears everywhere and my website drops in visits dramatically. When I deactivate WPML, the visits return to their usual state. Attached representative image. Is this resolved by deactivating the API warning?. Thanks!!

Captura de pantalla 2019-12-05 a las 9.48.35.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.