Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When I try to edit the page I'm getting redirected to this URL
"http://%26lang%3Den/"

Solution:
Edit the plugins-integration.php file found in the ../sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/ folder and change the hook we use on line 113 to the following:

add_action( 'init', 'wpml_themes_integration_setup' );

Relevant Documentation:
- https://wpml.org/errata/missing-support-for-divis-theme-builder/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rasmusM-6 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 9, 2020 at 1:44 pm #6094649

rasmusM-6

Hello,

Some weeks ago after last troubleshooting i started to get the following message:

Some taxonomies in your site are forced to be untranslatable. This is causing a problem when you're trying to run a multilingual WooCommerce site.

A plugin or the theme are probably doing this.

What you can do:

1. Temporarily disable plugins and see if this message disappears.

2. Temporarily switch the theme and see if this message disappears.

It's best to contact WPML support, tell that you're getting this message and offer to send a Duplicator copy of the site. We will work with the theme/plugin author and fix the problem for good. In the meanwhile, we'll give you a temporary solution, so you're not stuck.

I've tried everything and read your forum. Still can't get it to work. It's not possible to string translate anymore. It's just erroring out the translate page.

Login details from last ticket is still active.

Thanks for your support.

Regards
Rasmus

May 9, 2020 at 1:53 pm #6094683

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

as mentioned in the original ticket, the 2nd issue will be investigated separately.

It's not possible to string translate anymore. It's just erroring out the translate page.

I am not sure I understand what is the issue and what goes wrong. Can you please if possible share screenshots or video of the issue.

Please enable error logging that will save all errors in a file called debug.log, log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

To do so, please add the following

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Once you have added those lines to your wp-config.php file, please try and replicate the issue. Then go to your installation's wp-content folder and find the "debug.log" file that should've appeared by now (it will appear if it encounters an error in your server).

Then, upload that file into a storage platform of your choosing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and send me the link so I can download it and take a look at it, and determine where to go from there.

Thanks,
Drazen

May 11, 2020 at 9:44 am #6102219

rasmusM-6

I doesn't seems like an error is created.

When i try to edit the page i'm getting redirected to this url
"hidden link"

"The site cannot be accessed. The server IP address of hidden link" could not be found.
Try running network diagnostics for Windows."

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I can't see anything new in the debug logg.

I made a video and the debug log is there as well.
hidden link

May 12, 2020 at 7:28 am #6109685

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Rasmus,

thanks for the feedback. I will need you to enable me access so I can view the files.

But in the meantime, I think I know what is the problem. We have some issues with the new version of WPML and Divi.

Can you please try the next step:

Symptoms
Our recent WPML release (4.3.12) went out without Divi’s Theme Builder support.

Workaround
You can edit the plugins-integration.php file found in the ../sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/ folder and change the hook we use on line 113 to the following:

add_action( 'init', 'wpml_themes_integration_setup' );

Info: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-support-for-divis-theme-builder/

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Drazen

May 12, 2020 at 11:59 am #6112617

rasmusM-6

Access granted.

I've changed the hook as you told me.

Problem solved! Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.