Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 2 days, 2 hours ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 11:57 am #16240226

Lukas Leitner

Background of the issue:
I am trying to edit a translated page, which is copied from EN to NZ-EN. NZ-EN is a custom language.

Symptoms:
If I change something on the NZ-EN page, everything looks good, but I can't see the changes in frontend. Even if I refresh the page in the CMS, the changes are also gone.

Questions:
Why are the changes not visible on the frontend after editing the NZ-EN page?
Why do the changes disappear in the CMS after refreshing the page?

October 2, 2024 at 7:44 pm #16247320

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your patience,

Taking another look at your site, the language setting that you currently have is causing 404 issues, which blocks the changes from getting loaded correctly,

I have shared your database with our 2nd tier, they will advise us on how to fix this and how the custom language should've been configured,

I will let you know once I receive a response,

Best,

October 3, 2024 at 11:35 am #16249454

Lukas Leitner

Hello,

by when can I expect a result so that I can communicate this to the customer accordingly?

Thank you

October 3, 2024 at 10:34 pm #16252114

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I've got a reply, If you change the language code on the DB directly you will destroy all the language connections for this language. If they need the language code nz-en, then you need to create custom language using this code.

If you still cannot provide access to the website, we can recreate the issue on a sandbox, by providing your custom theme, any important custom plugins and similar language configuration,

Here is the sandbox link : hidden link

Could you attempt to replicate the issue there? Or share a copy or access to your live site, whatever works with you.