Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zia001 17 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 3, 2024 at 4:49 am #16247847

zia001

Background of the issue:
I am using the export and import functionality of WPML to import products directly in multiple languages on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
No specific issue or error message mentioned.

Questions:
Does _wpml_import_translation_group need to be numeric, or can it be something else like A100?
Can I directly set the slug for the 2nd language URL using export and import functionality (i.e., with the Excel file feed in the 2nd language)?

October 3, 2024 at 7:12 am #16248111

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I believe that the `_wpml_import_translation_group` field does not necessarily need to be numeric; it can be a string like "A100." However, since WPML internally uses the `trid` field, which is a `BIGINT` (a numeric data type), it is generally safer and more reliable to stick with numeric values for the `_wpml_import_translation_group`.

While WPML may handle non-numeric values for the import group, using numeric values helps avoid potential issues or conflicts in how WPML processes and stores the `trid`. To ensure smoother operation and compatibility with WPML's internal mechanisms, it's recommended to use numbers for the `_wpml_import_translation_group`.

This will reduce the risk of unexpected behavior during imports and make it easier for WPML to manage translation groups effectively.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

trid.jpg
October 3, 2024 at 2:41 pm #16250803

zia001

Thank you Bruno. Very clear and helpful answer.

related to this: the export and import functionality works great for us, except for 1 issue. one of the taxonomies (model) for the 2nd language import is never imported initially (100% sure it is mapped correctly).

we found a workaround. after completing import, go to settings > taxonomies translation > toggle "Model" taxonomy between translatable and non-translatable. this fixes issue and model is not populated.

have you seen this before? why is is taxonomy not imported properly?

thanks,

October 4, 2024 at 6:55 am #16252609

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

So this happens for only one taxonomy - all the other taxonomies of the same type are imported properly?

If so I cannot tell, we would need to test this in sandbox (so both imports) to see why this one in particular fails.

Let me know and I will create a sandbox where we can try these imports and see if this happens in such setup.

October 4, 2024 at 2:16 pm #16254694

zia001

yes mostly 1 taxonomy (most important one). not sure how to set sandbox, please let me know what you need from me to test this. i can provide you with the import files i am using (in both langauges)